Air Car

dlewis23

The concept is very good.

Like every one else says: You might sell a few if they weren't so ugly.

Remember the Renault - lol - gone with the rest of the ugly 80's cars.

I think an American auto co is working on something similar.

I believe someone here posted it, it could use your momentum to recharge the tanks - meaning when you were slowing down, or coasting down a hill, it put this wasted energy back into the tanks.

alright. i'll bite. here is my standard zero emissions rant.

if i need to use a compressor (their airstation) or the engine running on electrical as a compressor to fill the tank, where, pray tell, does the energy for that come from, hm? let me guess, fossil fueled power plants, or maybe nukular power? (where the nuke is cleaner) the emissions are merely moved from the car to the power plant.

as for using solar/wind power for power generation, it's not zero emissions either. depending on the tech used up to  third to half the useful service life is spent generating the amount of energy used to manufacture the windmill/solar panel.

best solar concept i've seen so far is a large mirror used to heat the hot end of a stirling engine for power generaion. long life/relatively low power requirement in manufacturing compared to solar cell.

as for cheap power, gimme a dozen burritos, let me ram a hose up my arse and we'll see hoe much we can extend the range of the thing. but i wouldn't use the waste gases for the a/c anymore...

I think an American auto co is working on something similar.

I believe someone here posted it, it could use your momentum to recharge the tanks - meaning when you were slowing down, or coasting down a hill, it put this wasted energy back into the tanks.

Maybe you were referring to the 60 mpg F150 due in a couple of years?