Earthlink / Brighthouse isn't supplying!

nocal

Guest thecableguy

Thanks Gotta - It's too bad Birighthouse/Earthlink isn't or can't supply what they say they do; but at least I know I'm not the only one. And I've come to the conclusion that "cableguy" ia AKA "brighthouseguy" and gets defensive when the truth is pointed out about their connection speeds. So he says things like it's still "great performance", but that  doesn't cover up the fact that - at best - it's misleading advertising. A bigger farce is the brighthouse speed test versus any reputible one on the net. Want faster speeds - take their test!

All ISP's tout their products as "UP to Blah Blah Blah".  Bright House, Earthlink, Comcast, Verizon, Cox, Time Warner, AOL, SBC, Adelphia etc.. ...they all use the same wording.....and depending on your location and numerous environmental conditions (too many to list here) your speeds will vary within their "Up to" window....get over it...it's the nature of the beast.

If you really hate your provider that much I'm sure there are other options for you and maybe you should consider them instead of wasting your time trying to pick an argument with me....run Forest run.......

Guest thecableguy

The 10Mbps/1Mbps is an extra 15 dollars with Brighthouse in Orlando, FL. the 7/512 is $45, and the 10/1 is $60. that's 15 dollars. I pay the bill each month, so I kind of know what I'm being charged. http://cfl.mybrighthouse.com/services/high_speed/RoadRunnerPackages.aspx

I wasn't complaining. I was trying to assist nocal, by telling him my situation, as I am also in the Central Florida region. I've never been logged on while doing my speedtest is why you don't see my speeds. I dont' really have any problems though. I mean, I can post up whatever you need to know, but it won't really assist me, as I get "up to 10 Mbps download" and "up to 1 Mbps" upload during non-peak hours. during peak hours, i still get around 6-7 Mbps down and around 900 Kbps up.

not trying to start any trouble, just trying to help.

Based on your original post I wasn't sure if you were served out of the Tampa area or Orlando.  You are right though, your area prices are as you posted, however, the Tampa website is as I posted earlier.  As for concern about your original post...there shouldn't be any.  At the time you made your post I scanned for your most recent tmn results in an effort to help you.....I assure you that my intentions were nothing more or less....

cableguy ... Just because everybody does it (or so you say) doesn't make ir right. Unlike you, I don't have a "love"/"hate" relationship with my ISP. I just want then to give me some of the supposed 40% upgrade that they loudly touted. That's it plain and simple. Or charge me 40% less for what I already have. Unfortunately, they own the cable that comes into my house ... so I am a "captive customer" and don't know of a better alternative at this time. If there was one I'd take it.And the only movie quote that I can think of to respond is "There has to be more to life than just being really, really, really, ridiculously good-looking". Orange Mocha Frappachino!

Guest thecableguy

cableguy ... Just because everybody does it (or so you say) doesn't make ir right. Unlike you, I don't have a "love"/"hate" relationship with my ISP. I just want then to give me some of the supposed 40% upgrade that they loudly touted. That's it plain and simple. Or charge me 40% less for what I already have. Unfortunately, they own the cable that comes into my house ... so I am a "captive customer" and don't know of a better alternative at this time. If there was one I'd take it.And the only movie quote that I can think of to respond is "There has to be more to life than just being really, really, really, ridiculously good-looking". Orange Mocha Frappachino!

The upgrade was free....what are you complaining about.  If you don't like the service or support you are getting there are always alternatives.  Since you seem to be so focused on me in some OCD kind of way lets talk about them....where do you live? (county and state will do)  Then we can look at your alternatives and be done with this nonsense....

<the above was edited to reflect a sentence structure error on my part.  I have added (county and state) to reflect the true information needed to assist Nocal with finding a new ISP since most ISP's are regional>

Oh, now I get it -  you appear to be giving information but really you're trolling the cable forums ...hmm. VanBuren - please check and see how he got so many stars by his name. I may have to log off. Don't want cableguy stalking me. Think I'll switch to DSL.

Guest thecableguy

Oh, now I get it -  you appear to be giving information but really you're trolling the cable forums ...hmm. VanBuren - please check and see how he got so many stars by his name. I may have to log off. Don't want cableguy stalking me. Think I'll switch to DSL.

Nocal, I can't help you find an alternative ISP if I don't have at least a county and state location for you.  Most providers are regional and in order to locate the best possible alternatives for you I would need that information.

Switching to DSL is your one of your options...good...we're making progress...now since we don't want to break this stride....lets look at a couple of other things that were overlooked in previous attempts to help you.

I can't help but notice that you lump Bright House / Earthlink together so I think it's safe to assume that your actual ISP is Earthlink via Bright House.  Are you using the bloatware that comes from Earthlink?  That includes their antispam, firewall, blah blah and blah.  If so ...remove it entirely ....it's not required to use Earthlink and it will hinder your overall performance.  Then try and lets look at your stats from the tmn tests.

the number of stars, depend on how many posts you made in the forum

I think both sides said enough in this matter

Thread is closed

VanBuren :)