Thats linksys incompitant support for ya,,,

Ryan314

What a moron... :haha::haha:

I played dumb after about a minute to see if this guy is a complete idiot or not....

:angry5:

P.S thats not my ip.I didnt trust this guy ... i dont want him having my ip lol

I mean when i asked the guy how cloning my mac would help the problem.. he ignored it and went on to something else :haha:

Haha I just called linksys today too. I agree, it was like talking to a machine, and after they had me go through cloning, changin the MTU to about 7 different values, asking me to update after I told them I already did an hour ago, they told me that they can't do anything more. I then asked if I should just go buy a d-link then since it was "out of warranty" :lol:. So I asked at least for a discount for stickin with linksys, but then she told me to call customer service. I told her that this is customer service, then she asked if I wanted my case # haha.

Somewhat amusing, yet pathetic in a way.

Guest thecableguy

What a moron... :haha: :haha:

I played dumb after about a minute to see if this guy is a complete idiot or not....

:angry5:

P.S thats not my ip.I didnt trust this guy ... i dont want him having my ip lol

I mean when i asked the guy how cloning my mac would help the problem.. he ignored it and went on to something else :haha:

Trust me the guy was harmless.....sounds like you got ahold of a tier one script boy....you must forgive him.  It's not his fault...most of them are scripted (even in text form) and they must follow a set of guidelines for troubleshooting....I think there's something to the mac address cloning thingy though with their router and want to investigate that a bit.    The answer to that question may explain why linksys routers suck so badly these days.  Just for snits and giggles we all ought to call in and see if we get the same results...one has to wonder if maybe they know something we don't with regards to their not routing very well router....I mean after all...why else would they think that would solve anything unless there is something to it.....If the router had faulty logic to begin with that could easily fix their "undocumented" bug.

i wouldnt be surprised if someone had this type of a conversion with customer service from linksys

customer service: hi, how may i help you

user: hi, i have a problem with my router - its giving me very bad pings lately

customer service: could you please stare at your modem for few seconds

user: wtf !?!111

customer service: now, how is your ping ? does it feel faster ?

user: how is looking at my router gonna fix my modem....gawd ddajdflj !!!

customer service: what do you mean ?

customer service: hi, how may i help you

user: what are you talking about

customer service: thank you for using linksys premium support system

user: AHHHHHHH !!!

customer service: once again, my name is john (id: 1337), come again