time to eat some crow......

Guest helloimtim

Guest helloimtim

When it comes to tweaking connection speeds I have pretty much been against it. I still stand firm on dsl. Xp is pretty tweaked out for that type of connection. Well with cable connection I used that patch made by that user that goes by the name "evil" (found it at speedguide.net).  Then at the same site I installed the tcp optimizer and made sure to slide the bar to my cable speed then used optimal settings. All I can say is WOW!!!!!!  The diffrence it made in my download speeds was almost unbelivable. I ran the same settings for a couple of days just to make sure it was not a fluke. Sure as heck the speeds stayed consestent. So yea me eating crow was good but the speeds with the 2 simple patches was UNBELIVABLE!!  I jumped up about 3 times faster than it was.

Guest thecableguy

When it comes to tweaking connection speeds I have pretty much been against it. I still stand firm on dsl. Xp is pretty tweaked out for that type of connection. Well with cable connection I used that patch made by that user that goes by the name "evil" (found it at speedguide.net).  Then at the same site I installed the tcp optimizer and made sure to slide the bar to my cable speed then used optimal settings. All I can say is WOW!!!!!!  The diffrence it made in my download speeds was almost unbelivable. I ran the same settings for a couple of days just to make sure it was not a fluke. Sure as heck the speeds stayed consestent. So yea me eating crow was good but the speeds with the 2 simple patches was UNBELIVABLE!!  I jumped up about 3 times faster than it was.

Would you like your crow with mild or hot bbq sauce?  :)

Guest helloimtim

Udated information. Here is the strange thing. I tested my download speeds on this site. They have always showed super fine. Usually over what it should be. I ran the download speed tests both before and after the patches and it showed about the same. The speed increase I got was from files on the net. I tested several large files from both download.com and zdnet.com. Before the patch The best I ever got was 50 maybey 60 kbs. Now after the patches I tried the same sites some random large files and my speeds went up by 3 times as much. I get about 140 or more kbs. I dont rember if its kbs or Kbps. I only used windows to download. No download mangers. Also when I play with bittorrent files. Before patch while downloading surfing was slow. After patches surfing much faster. I am behind a router. Makes no sense does it. My testing of files from the net have been over a few days at diffrent times during the day. Speeds are pretty close to the same on constent.

Guest helloimtim

LIke I said. My speed tests from this site both before and after patches were the same and great. The diffrence I got was downloading files from download.com and zdnet.com.