Can't find my hard drive at Google,can anyone help?

ArcticWolf

one reason is that Maxtor took over their business at some point.. as did IBM?  the only thing that I can find references to are the KA series.. which were available 6.4-18.2 gb on the 7200rpm and ATA66

If you can give me a part num or even check to make sure that it is a KT drive that would help a lot!

http://www.maxtor.com/_files/maxtor/en_us/documentation/quantum_overview/fireball_plus_ka_overview.pdf

one reason is that Maxtor took over their business at some point.. as did IBM?  the only thing that I can find references to are the KA series.. which were available 6.4-18.2 GB on the 7200rpm and ATA66

If you can give me a part num or even check to make sure that it is a KT drive that would help a lot!

http://www.maxtor.com/_files/maxtor/en_us/documentation/quantum_overview/fireball_plus_ka_overview.pdf

Here I'll post a pic from Everest

Guest thecableguy

One has to wonder if Quatum named their drive after the temperature readings taken from the drive chasis 15 minutes after operation..... :angry5:  Word to the wise....years ago many thousands of us got bitten by the Quatum Q540 bug and for those of us who lost our arses on them.....we will never forget....don't put anything on that drive that isn't worth throwing away.....of course I'm not biased or anything...lemme see....I might only have about $28,000 reasons why I might be just slightly biased....but hey that was years ago....whos counting????

ME!!! :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5:

Indestructable;I liked the infinite pie attack one.Must be the Three Stooges fan in me.

ArcticWolf;I found what Swimmer did Maxtor is now the support for Quantum.I didn't find your exact model though.Some were close so you might check.