Peeved off cause I can't burn to CD

ArcticWolf

Ok here's the deal, I pay for access to a website @ 19.95/month .... now if I download any movies, I have to stay connected to the net and get a license to play it. I know they want to protect there movies, but I should have the right to burn them onto CD if I wish to do so, heck I pay the 19.95/month. And what happens if the site goes down and disappears??? Us buyers are the ones who get screwed. Unless somebody around here knows what I can do so I can actually burn these and not have to get the license online and enjoy the movies for many years to come. Love to hear your input on this and if you found a way around this problem.

I've ran into similar issues before, and got around them. It sounds like M$ DRM (Digital Rights Management) to me. Give some more info about the files types you are trying to burn, and i bet i can get you around the flakey DRM.

I have an account at http://www.danni.com/ and they are (wmv) format, I thought maybe I can convert them to a different format after getting the license and playing it, but no dice there.

Well before i start to offer technical, and more sneaky ways to get passed it let me first ask this. Usually when you purchased movie files or music files protected by DRM the place you got them from allows you  to burn x amount of copies of the material you purchased, but the thing is you usually have to do the buring process through Windows Media player have you tryed to burn them to a disk via WMP yet?

Well before i start to offer technical, and more sneaky ways to get passed it let me first ask this. Usually when you purchased movie files or music files protected by DRM the place you got them from allows you  to burn x amount of copies of the material you purchased, but the thing is you usually have to do the buring process through Windows Media player have you tryed to burn them to a disk via WMP yet?

Well I checked under the Burn tab in WMP 10, and it only says audio  :? ,which to me means audio as in music, maybe I'm wrong... just didn't risk it cause I didn't want to waste a CD.