Linksys WRT54g V5 and WRT54gsV5.. DD-WRT

Swimmer

There is now a way to get DD-WRT onto these routers.. I have yet to try it, as it was just released yesterday  :)  Here is the developer's guide on how to do it..

http://wrt-wiki.bsr-clan.de/index.php?title=Flash_Your_Version_5_WRT54G

i tried it on a wrt54gv5 it works, but i would not recommend using it. it caused some problems with wireless, and is very unstable. i would wait for them to get some of the bugs out.

i think the problem is finding a V2 or a v3 this days

richcornucopia  do you know where people can find them?

btw thanks swimmer this is awsome news

I meant the firmware v23. You could check ebay but my guess is that since the demand is so great people will up the prices as they know they have one of the wanted models. I would recommend getting the whr-g54s as you can get it just about anywhere, I picked mine up at bestbuy and its worked flawlessly so far with dd-wrt.

i think the problem is finding a V2 or a v3 this days

richcornucopia  do you know where people can find them?

btw thanks swimmer this is awsome news

its almost impossibe to find those version nowdays - i visited so many stores and frys electronics is the only one that actually had a 3.1 version router - ....its hard, but if you look hard and ask them politely to check in the back, you might just find one :)