Audio Drivers

x_6985381

lol i no i was wondering 1 min

Driver Version: 5.10.0.5037

its just an onboard, my intel pent 4.

media center, looks like i just need to buy a new sound card.

w/e

What drivers would i use for a realtek high definition audio

are there other drivers i can use for this chipset?

i really dont like the sound it produces, its clear but i can get bass out of it.

x_6985381 if you want more bass, you need to set up the equalizer, and have it set propally.

set your equalizer just like mine in the pictue below.

if you want more base, pull the 100, or the slider farthest to your left, up, that is the bass.

Although my onboard sound uses the RealTek 850 Audio Codec, my chipset (nVIDIA nForce3 250 - Audio Codec Interface) gives me an option to use it's audio drivers/software instead. It has a different set of features included that the RealTek software doesn't have which allows me to customize my sound even more. All of the extras didn't seem to matter much as the output was very low compared to RealTeks'. The bass was low, the mids were muffled, and the highs were non-existent with nVidia's offering. I just stuck with RealTek (which isn't the greatest).

As Swimmer stated, the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 would be your best bet.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102163

The Creative SOUND BLASTER X-Fi Platinum 7.1 is nice as well, but without optical. The remote is nice though. :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102190