NORTON

jamaicarocks

Wuz up ,

I'm installing Norton Antivirus 2006 on a Dell 4500 with 256mb 2.52ghz and everything works O.K till the installation reaches the end and stays there for 22hrs.

Not giving a error message (it just says c:/ program files /norton antivirus/quarantine/incoming ) and stays there!

Please help 

Thanks...........

umm...may i throw my 2 cents in? please? ;)

AVOID NORTON AT ALL COSTS!

lol...trust me...i went from Norton SystemWorks 2005 to Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Anti-Hacker, and my system is running sooo much better..

though, if you must stay with Norton, check the disc (if it's installing off a disc that is...lol)

I think Norton is trying to Quarintine a virus while it is installing...that might be the problem...maybe, maybe not...lol ;)

LOL i agree Norton does not make very many good products, but i think you guys are aweful hard on the Norton Anti Virus. I personally think it's a good product. I use Kaspersky Anti Virus, and Norton, on my windows boxes i don't think you can go wrong with either. Come on guys one bad experience with Norton AV, and it's junk? Be fair. (LOL)

LOL i agree Norton does not make very many good products, but i think you guys are aweful hard on the Norton Anti Virus. I personally think it's a good product. I use Kaspersky Anti Virus, and Norton, on my windows boxes i don't think you can go wrong with either. Come on guys one bad experience with Norton AV, and it's junk? Be fair. (LOL)

Norton let me down several times. When an AV lets virus's by pass it to where it will not work itself, and can not get updates. Well it sucks. I threw my last copy in the desk drawer to remind me why I won't ever give them anymore $$. No not once!  :angry4:

By the way if you want my c.d. you can have it, it is good till Sept.  ;)

Go Here http://www.kaspersky.com/downloads & use this online virus scanner. Make sure you use IE as the test requires ActiveX controls. This ensures you get an accurate virus scan as if your computer has a virus, or trojan your anti virus or firewall could have been compromised leaving it worthless. You should see an (Online Virus Scanner) button at the top right of the page.

I have Norton running on 3 rigs and have used it since 1989 and have never had a problem I didn't bring on myself. Sometimes you may want to set it a way that is not user friendly and this will give you a problem but other than that it does it job and it does it well for me. I have tried other to try and save money and always come back to Norton. I have learned to shop around when reup times comes for a good deal on three user package and the last time it cost me 13.00 a rig which isn't bad. I checked out Nod 32 it looks like something like Norton and its not free you have to pay for it.