1. 1. AMD or Intel?

• AMD
    • Intel
    • Both

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm using Intel in all my pcs... but I don't do much gaming.  All sound encoding, video encoding, etc... I don't have heat issues either.  (Although that might be because of my pimp cooler... lol.. I don't have any temperature sensors that I can read with the cpu, but I can get a temp from the base of the heatsink.)

Intel is all I have had and no issues. My brother had a AMD and he said it gave him way to many problems and he won't get one again lol. But I also heard someone say AMD is a cheap kind of ripped of cpu or something lol. But I like intel never had any issues yet and I overclock and play games etc.

Intel is all I have had and no issues. My brother had a AMD and he said it gave him way to many problems and he won't get one again lol. But I also heard someone say AMD is a cheap kind of ripped of cpu or something lol. But I like intel never had any issues yet and I overclock and play games etc.

AMD has had its downfalls in the past but know they caught up with intel and r beginning to pass intel

Currently on a pentium 3, and it does its job for how much i push it performance wise. But i guess im an amd fan. They are just better overall for the time being. Lower prices for better performance, better cooling before and after OC'ing and there low end models play games great.

I really would take any chip higher than my p3 lol, intel or amd .. lucky people and there fx-60's and EEs =/

...amd is more expensive than intel and who told you its a ripped of cpu ? and what does that mean LOL !  :haha:

I got my first Intel chip fairly recently... Pentium D (dual core) -- I firggen love it -- but I was 100% AMD before that.  buuuut I will still always be an ATI person (screw nvidia, hehe)

I'll use whatever's faster and more reliable. Conroe as CPU is very promising, but there are no motherboards for it out yet, which gives no guarantee on stability. For now, it's AMD... [email protected] ftw. It's basically as fast as a FX-55 for a third of the price.

I'll use whatever's faster and more reliable. Conroe as CPU is very promising, but there are no motherboards for it out yet, which gives no guarantee on stability. For now, it's AMD... [email protected] ftw. It's basically as fast as a FX-55 for a third of the price.

Hey rtb Is that the 64 bit @ those speeds?