1. 1. AMD or Intel?

• AMD
    • Intel
    • Both

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for AMD , as far as 64 bit , i'm not there YET>  socket A 3200 W/ MSI k7n2 delta 6570, not a very stable O.C>ing board. Smooth as all @ 2200-2300, after that it operates, but I havent figured out how to slow the rest of the bus down yet, so I get crashes, from I believe the Video Card 9800pro. No heat issues.

wow.. i love these threads..

For me.. it depends on the platform I am on..  If i am using my laptop it is Intel all the way!  AMD's mobile platform cant even come close to the performance.  Desktop I am AMD all the way.  Yes.. i know conroe is coming out later this summer.. but so is A2 with DDR2..  I am pretty sure that AMD isnt going to just let Intel take over #1 in the desktop arena with out a fight.. which means good chips from both companies for us! 

I have run just about every version of Intel except for the P4, and have never really had a problem with them..(never really wanted to run Prescott) I have run/built AMDs from the K6-2 days to the X2 Athlon.  I had one problem on one of the 754 Athlon 64s when it was first released.. I am pretty sure it was a mobo issues as the customer RMAed the board and the problem went away..

I used to own a 3.4ee intel processor, back when it came out, a year ago or so i believe - it was o/c to 4.6 stable (could run it all day and night) - and was not easy by all means - i used a thermoelectric water cooling kit - i could have pushed it further, but I decided to sell the system for a crap load of money lolz - i couldnt resist it - today I have an amd 3700+ @ 2.75 and it literally blows the old intel away - its amazing - i had to push the voltage on the 3.4ee so much, and on this amd its actually undervolted - craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy - it seems a much better choice for overclocking - at least for me....my next step is a dual core opteron or whatever comes out when I decide i need a change - oh yeah, and DFI all the way !

• 3 weeks later...

I go along with dlewis23,mainly because that is my set up,

I am bit of a AMD fan, but my intel -laptop has inpressed me,

I think it all comes down too what you started with (750 Duron , 64Mb ram , 16Mb vid, & win M.E.) now 2.8 Athlon, 1Gb ram , 128Mb vid,

Xp, still like M.E. think I was the only one that did  :roll:

I love AMD, for many reasons, there only downfall in my opinion is the cache.What is there deal W/ small  cache? Good for gaming, but if your multitasking, forget it. My way of testing is to run an internet stream , some sort of simple prog say exel or quickbooks, music W/ video , and lets say rendering something. W/ Intel  mostly functional, but AMD........Go make a bowl of popcorn!

I love AMD, for many reasons, there only downfall in my opinion is the cache.What is there deal W/ small  cache? Good for gaming, but if your multitasking, forget it. My way of testing is to run an internet stream , some sort of simple prog say exel or quickbooks, music W/ video , and lets say rendering something. W/ Intel  mostly functional, but AMD........Go make a bowl of popcorn!

Intel needs the bigger cache because of no integrated mem controller, so if it needs to fetch something from the memory it slows down a lot more than any AMD with HTT. AMD is working on bigger cache though, with ZRAM.

FORD & AMD ** MORE POPCORN!!   :haha:

OH, and blondes.  :D

Mostly, as stated before. Unless you build your own, or game. It does not make much difference.  :shrug:   :read:

But this a discussion, and we have to discuss.  :downtown:  :argue:

I agree with everything except maybe the blondes part. Mmmmm redheads. Ahh who am I kiddin, I love 'em all.

Would you like lots of hot butter and salt on that! :laughing7:

Yes I would as long as i am runnin an AMD and eatin it .

BTW Blonde , Brunet , Red!!!??? all of the above.   

And it dont matter what Proc they like as long as they are happy,  work W what you got !!!  :downtown:

AMD all the way, cheaper, better cooling

Plus AMD delivers more bang for your buck

plus amd has had more innovation than intel in the last few years

i support Inovation

I support AMD

Plus amd is very good here in austin for the local economy

Im looking at getting a svcholarship with them or ibm which also has helped austin 4 years

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

My first pc was AMD equipped processor,it gave me some kicked on my pc gaming.  :smitten:I love my first pc,but from then on,when i was able to go abroad and earn some bucks in assembling my favorite pc, i went for an intel processors.My problem now is it keeps on upgrading everytime,so for 3 years in Qatar, i've assmbled 4 pc already.Lucky for my brothers,i throw them all my old stuff...Intel for me is the best.