1. 1. AMD or Intel?

• AMD
    • Intel
    • Both

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still AMD all the way. Can't beat the price. I have also read some good reviews on the 95 W triple core processors.  :kiss:

You can beat the price. A $150 AMD processor vs. a $150 intel processor, the intel spanks it all day long. Intel made a few price cuts the other week to make there processors more competitive in price with AMD, and the intel's are faster.

The only thing that shows any hope from and is there shanghai stuff, but intel has that crushed with nehalem

I'll go for AMD chips it's affordable and durable.

Yes they are both, I have a 3200+ Athalon that has been sitting here running @ 2400 and taken just about every OS that I have thrown at it, folding full time, overclocked to the point I have strained the entire system for almost 5 years, I've pulled it twice for a re- grease, and yet it keeps on chuggin. I do have to up the voltage occasionally slightly, so eventually she'll pop, but given what it has gone through, I can hardly believe it works at all.

I have a 3000+ Athalon  the same way I bought the week after this one, where I " penciled " in the multiplier to unlock it. That one will run flawlessly at or above 2600 Mhz.

AMD has to stay.  Lack of competition breeds apathy....

Thats why everytime AMD releases something new, Intel crushes it before AMD can even mass produce it.

AMD has to stay.  Lack of competition breeds apathy....

Thats why everytime AMD releases something new, Intel crushes it before AMD can even mass produce it.

Thats the one.  :afro:

Where's my "both" option? lol...depends for me...If AMD makes a Quad Core then AMD all the way but untill then INTEL baby!

AMD has had a quad core for a long time now. And it pretty much sucks. They are nothing compared to the core 2 quad or xeon 5400 series.

AMD has had a quad core for a long time now. And it pretty much sucks. They are nothing compared to the core 2 quad or xeon 5400 series.

The irony is that Phenom does fine clock for clock, and certainly has the advantage in bandwidth-limited programs. But the clock speed defiency is just too much, 2.4 Ghz or whereabouts, where Intel does 3 at stock, and 4 OCed.

sad thing is amd these days isn't even good for competition. they are just running lawsuits vs intel to whine about how unfair the competition is... pansies... the top of the line intel dual cores come close to toasting amd's quad cores. never mind the intel quads...