Large Nuclear Detonation

Dark_Matter

If an enemy took one of those & managed to drop it on Pantex nuclear weapons assembly plant(now mostly disassembly)But the nuclear material from the disassembled nukes is stored there.I bet the radius would be a lot more.I live about 20 mile from this plant so I probably wouldn't even know before I melted.

I also wonder about the effect of a direct hit with a nuke on a reactor.

If an enemy took one of those & managed to drop it on Pantex nuclear weapons assembly plant(now mostly disassembly)But the nuclear material from the disassembled nukes is stored there.I bet the radius would be a lot more.I live about 20 mile from this plant so I probably wouldn't even know before I melted.

I also wonder about the effect of a direct hit with a nuke on a reactor.

Lol sounds like 24.

Those are the ones the are telling us about.

jypagan ;This is not trying to get rid of your job & I have posted this point before.The whole nuclear arms race has been such a waste of money & created so very dangerous radioactive material .That is impossible to get rid of.The enviroment has been affected by I don't know how many test bombs.But only 2 have ever been used in war & I find that insane.

I 'm aware of the equal deterent theory Or is it equally assured destruction so neither side uses it.

In truth this is a way to flow mass amounts of money to munitions makers on both sides with plenty of bribes for polititions along the way .Neither side ever relly intended on using them against the other & still doesn't.

Just be glad it's not my decision to make.

I totally agree with you. sometime when we are doing the Nuclear exercises, I cant believe the destructive power of this ammunitions. We load the real deal the only difference we don't actually take of with them loaded if we do thats a sign of a nuclear war

I agree with you Cholla.  Imagine if the money spent in the race to build the biggest bomb had been spent on more constructive things.  Humantarian things, medical, scientific, astronomical, industrial, technological, etc. 

I get so frustrated sometimes when I think about how infatuated we so easily become with destruction.  But then, so they build it, and then there it sits.  It's like building the biggest, baddest muscle car, but never taking it to the strip...you just have it to say you have it, to show off.  It's a waste of resource and effort that could have been better spent on something more practical, something rewarding. 

I will admit, the devestation that bomb is capable of scares the hell out of me.  Just imagine how many lives could be ended in an instant.