Who would of thought???

Guest helloimtim

Guest helloimtim

I told a friend of mine about this site. Long story short he did not go to the help section because he saw "child boards" He was not sure if that was the place or not. With all due respect maybey getting rid of the "child" thing may increase traffic?? Just a thought. Of late been getting lots more help than I have been able to give. Much apreciate all the help good people..........peace.

helloimtim ;Just thought I would give you a Howdy ! Good to see you posting some again.How's your eyesight doing these days? If that's too personal I will be glad to delete the question.

About the other "child boards" I have thought the same thing.Someone that's an adult might feel this area is for children .Either because of language editing or very simple answers to questions.Instead of a help section .

Some adults might even feel insulted.

I'll see what kind of response it gets here.If not much I will ask in the mod section.

About the other "child boards" I have thought the same thing.Someone that's an adult might feel this area is for children .Either because of language editing or very simple answers to questions.Instead of a help section .

Some adults might even feel insulted.

I'll see what kind of response it gets here.If not much I will ask in the mod section.

Actually, that is what I thought exactly when I first started here! Then one day I decided since I could not find enough info without going in there. WTF, why not? And the rest is history!  :D

I just looked up child boards in Webster "None"

Google: http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=807f6f72bd81c5227dcb9a45055d9ff6&topic=9358.new

I especially liked this one:They weren't keeping close enough watch on the parent boards.  :haha:

Child boards are just forums inside of forums... The board it's inside is called a Parent board.... I can see how people might be confused wit h this... I have renamed this to Sub-Boards.. what do you guys think?

Great name. I would have been less confused.  confused2:  Thanks for all the lost ones to come.  :newbie:

As always.  :notworthy:

You know now that you did that, all the other forums will follow. I mean this site is number 1. And the Jones have to keep up. They don't want to miss out on the action.  :haha:

Yeah I just took a peak at it and it looks  "Professional".  :D

I can see how that could confuse some people, but I would think anyone fairly perceptive should realise what it means :-

honestly I never thought of child meaning young myself... maybe it's because of programming.

CA3LE;I like the term subboards better.To the really tech savy it wouldn't be necessary but I didn't know  the reason they were called child boards until I read your post above.

I'm not a noob but still have a lot to learn.So for us with an average level of PC knowlege I think its better.

maybe it's because of programming.

yeah, it's because we script dude, we have the programming parent/child relationship imprinted in our brains... the person that came up with that term (for forums) was a programmer for sure :-P