cars getting abused...

CA3LE

Yeah, reminds me of a friend of mine. He would work on cars for other people, and if they did not pay for the repairs, the car was his. Totally. He or I would go get a pint of whiskey and go have fun. We might go 4 wheeling, farm hauling, pond jumping, roll it, shoot it up,  or what ever. It was amazing how many people would bring him work and not pay. One time we hit a back road hill at 120 mph and went air borne quite a ways, I was plasttered to the roof of the car for a while. It was on a beer run.   It also was a charger. We ripped out the oil plug, and just made it back with the beer, and the motor was  rattling to beat the band. To verify the jump, the next day I went out and measured how far we had been airborne, it was 75' before the car impacted the asphalt again. What a ride.

Pond jumping, consisted of running full speed at a farm pond, and seeing if it would skip like a rock to the other side. A Toyota with wide tires did the best of them all.  :haha:

Now that was car abuse.

Yeah, he preferred imports to tear up. Two reasons: One he hated imports, and second they would take the most abuse.  :haha:

No do not try these stunts at home. And definately, do not use your mothers car.  :haha:

kinda like unofficial demolition derby website... :haha:

wow tommie...where u from...how long ago was that??...here in az it's against the law to do that...a mechanic has to jump thru hoops and go thru the courts to get their money...they can't hold ur car...or keep it without a court order or an abandoned title...not sur how it all works...but that much i know :D

The people he did work for usually did not have the $ for court, and would not know how to get it started. And he was not a liscenced mechanic, he just worked out of his garage. He would give them a couple of weeks.

I used to let people park wehicle's on my country property, and the deal was one year and it was mine. Never had anyone welch on it either. Got a few vehicles myself. A 65 Nova SS, a tractor, to name a couple.  :mrgreen:

tdawnaz, that was back about 1990. If I thought my kids would find out 1/2 of the sh*t I used to do, well I would probably start having gray hair tomorrow. I don't plan on telling them till they are at least 25.  ;)

Heck, every car I owned probably had enough history in it to fill an average teens life. Damn lucky to be a live. And it was never my time to go. That is the only reason I can figure why I am still alive.  :icon_scratch:

Yeah, a cam would have cool several times. But maybe it is best there wasn't.  ;)

Nah seatbelts were a waist back then. But, seriously that is not even the half of it. We lived in a wild enough neighborhood, that it was nothing to see one of the neighbors out in the street hooking a chain on to some other guys truck and doing a tug of war right in the middle of the street. Usually Ford against Chev. Never Dodge. Or maybe even a drag race.

Weird thing was, the County Sheriff never showed up unless he had a warrant for someone. Which was maybe once a year.

tdawnaz;What you said about a mechanic not being able to hold the car is sort of true.There are some ways around it.One the repair order is a contract & a properly written one gives your permission for the car to be held if you don't pay.Then to be sold in a specified number of days.A good on even specifies storage fees .So a smart mechanic can keep the car until paid.Purposly tearing it up before you owm it could get a mechanic sued .I would never do that no matter how tempting.

Texas also has some tough laws if you write a mechanic a hot check.So for even the shade tree mechanics write up a repair order & have the customer sign it.

tommie gorman  & I seem to have some car adventures in common .Like I said I never purposley tore one up.Except for one I helped build for a demolition derby.But I'm lucky to be alive with some of the things I did do.

Go ahead and tell a couple. Maybe one about exhaust flamers. My auto mechanics teacher was telling about one time this guy was really bugging him in school. So he took a Model T coil and hooked it to a spark plug that was threaded into the exhaust. with a toggle switch on the dash. He was racing the other guy and had pulled ahead of him. When the guy got too close to his rear bumper, well he pulled out on the choke(mechanical back then) and when it started to choke on the engine, he flipped the switch to the coil and shut down the choke at the same time. Well all he saw behind him was this guys eyes huge eyeballs staring through those flames. Yeah, you always wondered how they did that in the old movies.  ;):haha:

I think I will leave the dangerous one out but yours reminded me of one.In my auto shop class when a new student was working on a car near the spark plug tester.One of the old students would go "help them .Then when they were bust & needed a wrench we would hand them one wired to the tester & hit the test button.I've cause a couple of skinned heads with this one.

I also had a friend put an exhaust whistle on one of my cars.Pretty funny really.

I was doing some dirt offroad driving in my old Sprite about 60 mph when I felt a jolt & saw my front wheel heading across the prarie without me.The spindle had broke.

I liked the exhaust flamer idea.

Yeah, reminds me of a friend of mine. He would work on cars for other people, and if they did not pay for the repairs, the car was his. Totally. He or I would go get a pint of whiskey and go have fun. We might go 4 wheeling, farm hauling, pond jumping, roll it, shoot it up,  or what ever. It was amazing how many people would bring him work and not pay. One time we hit a back road hill at 120 mph and went air borne quite a ways, I was plasttered to the roof of the car for a while. It was on a beer run.  It also was a charger. We ripped out the oil plug, and just made it back with the beer, and the motor was  rattling to beat the band. To verify the jump, the next day I went out and measured how far we had been airborne, it was 75' before the car impacted the asphalt again. What a ride.

Pond jumping, consisted of running full speed at a farm pond, and seeing if it would skip like a rock to the other side. A Toyota with wide tires did the best of them all.  :haha:

Now that was car abuse.

Yeah, he preferred imports to tear up. Two reasons: One he hated imports, and second they would take the most abuse.  :haha:

No do not try these stunts at home. And definately, do not use your mothers car.  :haha:

lol sounds like fun