The OneLink Puerto Rico Cover-Up - Adelphia Puerto Rico One Link

SpeedChaser

The Cover-Up

Since Centennial started their promo on TV for their  Instant Internet service with 2.4 Mbps, OneLink PR stopped  their illegal practices against  their customers. But not at all ,because they began using a new technique.

Now we have a  2.8 Mbps almost anytime.

In order to get more money from their customers they decide to increase the price for their premium channels. So if you have a 4 premium pack in order to get a discount on your PowerLink price this is just an illusion. We should call it The 4  Pack Trap The reality is that they are increasing their PowerLink price. This is an indirect way to increase a product price thinking that their customers will not notice their real intentions.

I recall when they call me by phone in a desperate way the same day the new prices started -April 1(evening). When a serious company is making plans for an change in prices they notify their customers 1-3 months before the changes takes on effect. Immediately this lead me to think that they are having problems and their first quarter revenues report for this year is not well, that's why they call everyone in such a desperate way.

This is the typical case of company that arrive to Puerto Rico and start doing strange things to make more money in the fastest way possible.

They are still limiting bandwidth in many ways.Their promos still said -almost 71 times faster than dial-up (4 Mbps). Maybe they have some fear about saying 4Mbps directly. The word almost give them some sense of legal security on their cover up.

What about their P2P limitations? Their worst reality. If they do not correct this problem soon they will continue losing market. The P2P softwares are here to stay and the main reason for everyone to use broadband.

Because I know they read this forum.

For OneLink Digital: Don't try to surf against the waves.

-Use a little wisdom and logic to make money-

If Centennial is not limiting P2P, this would be the best choice in the coming months.

If you have any comments about Centennial Instant Internet please let us know.

• 3 months later...

I'm an Centennial Instant Internet subscriber.  Never had problems with the connection..... until now.  It has been a week since I had High speed internet.  My speed is slower than dial-up, and the customer service really sucks.  For those of you that are considering subscribing, please think twice.  I'm not the only one having the problem in the metro area (to be more specific, Rio Piedras area.)  The company knows what's causing the problem, but is doing absolutely nothing. :evil3::angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5:

wireless internet is like sat internet. the more subscribers the slower.

and i have only the powerlink package w/o the cable. get tests here in usually the 3.5 down 370 up range. limits are set to 4.4 and 384. downloading for example from MS i get over 500 kB/s at times.

as for stealing music, movies, programs and everything else i don't know. but limiting that seems like a good idea, keeps the bandwidth cost for onelink down and thereby the customers costs.

• 1 year later...

I live in Dorado Puerto Rico. I am currently subscribed to Liberty Cable. I think the same problems that I have read about Centennial is almost mirrored in my case with Liberty. Four months ago I had fast access with an impressive download speed of 412 kbps. Now it appears that my download speed has lowered to 60 kbps. I have gone back and forth with their customer service rep who provided the following excuses over a four month period:

1-"Your modem is malfunctioning"

2-"We are working with the cable lines in a neighboring city and that is why your service is slower (for four months??)

3-"We are working with a cable problem in YOUR city" (again, for FOUR months???)

and finally the most recent and mind boggling

4-"Your internet is working within parameters."

I ran a speed test on my system that indicated that my download speed is at 412kbps and yet there service is just a little higher than dial up. I had the same speed in Miami, New York , and Las Vegas. with not so much as a hint of a problem. The excuse I got was that "well that's the States", like technology is something unknown here. What I am really thinking it is, is another classic example of "bait and switch." It is too bad though that companies like these will most likely get away with this kind of dismal customer service and double speak. Maybe if a few of their competitors in the States would come to the island to provide service they would sing a different tune.

• 1 year later...

Compare Broadband Internet Prices Puerto Rico and USA

OneLink Puerto Rico  4Mbps  $55.95

AT&T-USA

Elite ($35/mo, 6.0Mbps), Pro ($30/mo, 3.0Mbps), Express ($25/mo, 1.5Mbps)

Verizon

Power ($27.99/mo, 3Mbps), Turbo ($37.99/mo, 7.1Mbps)

Verizon Fios

Faster ($54.99/mo, 20Mbps/5Mbps), Faster Plus ($64.99/mo, 20Mbps/20Mbps)

OneLink is killing us!

Compare Broadband Internet Prices Puerto Rico and USA

OneLink Puerto Rico  4Mbps  $55.95

AT&T-USA

Elite ($35/mo, 6.0Mbps), Pro ($30/mo, 3.0Mbps), Express ($25/mo, 1.5Mbps)

Verizon

Power ($27.99/mo, 3Mbps), Turbo ($37.99/mo, 7.1Mbps)

Verizon Fios

Faster ($54.99/mo, 20Mbps/5Mbps), Faster Plus ($64.99/mo, 20Mbps/20Mbps)

OneLink is killing us!

Really? You did not include everything we use here. Only the big city lucky stiff stuff. I had satelite, 500/50 for $59.95. Now I have EVDO. Pretty much usually get 1000/400 for $59.95. So you say you wanna trade service? Yep good old USA rip off.

That OneLink Puerto Rico  4Mbps  $55.95 looks pretty damned good to me.  :smiley:

• 5 months later...

Someone told me that Onelink Puerto Rico and Choice Cable are the same company or have the same owner.

This Choice Cable  Internet Offer is the best in Puerto Rico but is restricted to their area of service.

We hope that OneLink someday, maybe think a little and have some consideration for their customers in the Metro Area.

One Good Solution: Pay for cable internet and watch free TV using  LoggTV.com

Compare this offers :

Onelink PowerLink

4mb- $55.95

Choice Cable New Offers on Broadband High Speed Internet Service

3mb-  $23.95

6mb-  $39.95

8mb-  $46.95

10mb- $60.95

15mb- $78.95

Everyone reading this Call OneLink and ask for the same prices !