Windows XP password

ODBXXX

A buddy of mine got drunk the other night..he was fighting with his ole lady and change his administrator password..I have already reformatted his hard drive 3 times. :roll:  Hes using my copy of XP.. I was just wondering if there is any way of bypassing the password? Or getting his password? any help would be great..Thanks

Guest jeffwalker9999

A buddy of mine got drunk the other night..he was fighting with his ole lady and change his administrator password..I have already reformatted his hard drive 3 times. :roll:  Hes using my copy of XP.. I was just wondering if there is any way of bypassing the password? Or getting his password? any help would be great..Thanks

looks like to me you need a password reset disk

If you buddy changed his administrator password within Windows, it should now be non-existent as you've reformatted the hard drive. Installing from a Windows XP cd should be a clean install, and it will prompt you for an Administrator password (which is optional) during the installation.

Could you be referring to the password option within the bios?

Yep Swimmer, on XP, it's optional. During the install, you will get to a screen which asks for you to enter an Administrator password. Leaving it blank will continue the install and not hurt anything as you can set one up later through Control Panel/User Accounts. It's not a requirement to finish the install.

ODBXXX, if you didn't enter a password during install, when the password prompt comes up for you to get into Windows, just leave it blank and click Continue/OK. You should get right in.

If you did enter a password during install and now you want to stop the password prompt from popping up period, here is a little guide/tutorial:

1.) Go to Start/Run and type control userpasswords2 exactly as I've typed it here.

2.) Inside of the User Accounts window, select the User Name which you want to stop from getting passworded.

3.) Remove the check from the box at the very top (Users must enter a username...). Everything will become greyed out. Click Apply.

4.) An Automatically Log On window will appear. The selected user name will be filled in already. You just need to enter a password for it and click OK.

5.) You are now back to the User Accounts window. Click OK.

6.) The system will now start without the password prompt. :)

Note: Before following the steps listed, be sure to to enter "Start/Control Panel/User Accounts/Change an account/*User Name*/Create a password" first.

Guest mikeg19_82

There's also a program you can download called "ERD Commander" that will give you the windows XP password as well. You basically make a boot CD, put it in the cd-rom, restart the computer, and you then click on password manager (or something along those lines).

Guest helloimtim

You dont have to do any of that. Download the latest greatest version of hirens boot cd. It has all the tools you need in a simple to understand format. Some may consider it a "hacker" tool. Really its not. Ever download net framework from microsoft and then the puter locks you out. This is the tool you need.