HELP!!

DJVageli

first of all, what was the last thing you did?  an what os are you on?  the reason I say this is because there may be a registry problem. try restoring the registry:

restart your pc

right as the cpu turns back on, you want to hold ctrl till the menu comes up.

go down to command prompt only and press enter

type scanreg restore

select from a day ago.

when you get back to that black screen with white text, type win, press enter

then press y

your pc will restart  :D

did that work at all? i haven't actually tried it myself in XP, only in 98SE, but here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545 maybe a little advanced, but that was basicly what I was trying to do. It boots your laptop into dos, so that you can manually restore the registry....don't be afraid of doing this btw, I did it countless times on my win 98SE machine! i had to!

take it easy!

indestructable

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds to me like you need to kick it or something like that, or even burn it????

Last time that happened to me it was a spy bot that had gotten into ie started to mess everything up

I cleaned out all of my cookies and ran ad aware 6 and spy bot. was not quite the same though mine would shut down after i did anything in IE. Also did you try the add remove programs? HEY GOOD LUCK :shock: