Another reason not to use the "Geek Squad"

Swimmer

Looks like they might be in a little bit of trouble this time..

http://www.testmy.net/articles/article-578

I hope they get nailed to the wall..  :twisted:

My favorite part:

Meanwhile, Best Buy has 20 days to provide all copies of the software, identify who used the software and where it was found, and explain how each copy was obtained or duplicated, according to the restraining order.

I will answer this for them.. Bit torrent!  Let the payments begin!

These guys are screwed if Winternals can get everything that they have listed in the suit.  My guess is that there were quite a few copies floating around.. I am thinking maybe 12,000 per copy? I like the sound of an extra 0 for payment.. Haha then make them buy the license! so $13,200 for what they wanted..

Guest helloimtim

Now thats screwed up. Geek squad. I did see the comercial but never relized they worked for best buy. Can not wait to see how this one plays out.......

ahh man that sux do any of you know wat it takes to join the geek squad.  Do they ask any type of questions about computers?  I mean how do they determine if anyone is good enough for the job because most geek squad ppl that i have talked to dint know squat about computers all they tried to do is sell me something

I talked to them one time and they just want to know if you have any experiance, and take a test. They don't even provide any classes for the people to stay up to date!! They told me that you learn everything you need to know by working onsite. :haha: :haha: :haha::evil6:

ahh man that sux do any of you know wat it takes to join the geek squad.  Do they ask any type of questions about computers?  I mean how do they determine if anyone is good enough for the job because most geek squad ppl that i have talked to dint know squat about computers all they tried to do is sell me something

They need to b A+ certified or b willing to get it in 3 mounths or less or your fired

Hey guys i was hoping to get a job with them but i do know what im talking about and i relized im to good for them

I would probably do all the work while the rest of them sit on their asses

so im gonna persue computer repair by myself

Wish me luck

They need to b A+ certified or b willing to get it in 3 mounths or less or your fired

Hey guys i was hoping to get a job with them but i do know what im talking about and i relized im to good for them

I would probably do all the work while the rest of them sit on their asses

so im gonna persue computer repair by myself

Wish me luck

Just a thought, but pursuing a career with them would get you temp cash in what you love to do. Which might setup in equipment(not theres) Get you some OJT in a crap job. Actually good.

Kind of like our auto mechanic teacher once told us, the best place to get experience is to work at a used car dealership.

Like rentals houses, I have learned quite a bit on home repair. And I do all my own work at home.

Plus if you screw up a few comps(not saying you will), you have them to take the blame. You will get fed up eventually and go on your own anyway.

Again, just a thought.  ;)

By the way, in 20+ years there were 3 roofs that I did not get fixed right. And that is out of 1000's. It will happen.

And that was when I was on my own.

yeah all the geek squad ppl try to do is sell u something, after my dad purchased a computer for my bro the geek squad salesman came over and asked us if we wanted to pay 200 dollars or something to get his new computer "propery secured"  He was Like "What spyware programs do u use"?  I told him adaware and he shook his head and said that those programs are all "talk".  My dad tried to be nice and said that he will be back later with my brother's new computer to get it properly secured but he only said that to get this guy out of his face.

Looks like they might be in a little bit of trouble this time..

http://www.testmy.net/articles/article-578

I hope they get nailed to the wall..  :twisted:

My favorite part:

I will answer this for them.. Bit torrent!  Let the payments begin!

Wow, I guess I was right when I said "everyone pirates software" -- hahahaha

I Bought my computer 3 years ago at bestbuy and i bought a 3 year extended warranty ( waste of money and all i got was replacement speakers and keyboards and mouse)  It was my first computer so i didn't know better' In three years when i had problems they didn't do anything for me' I fixed my computer just by learning on my own and for the past year here on testmy.net picking up great tips and tricks!  Testmy has done more in one year than the GeekSquad did for me in 3 years...... price for testmy? $0.00 The knowledge i acquired ? Priceless

I Bought my computer 3 years ago at bestbuy and i bought a 3 year extended warranty ( waste of money and all i got was replacement speakers and keyboards and mouse)  It was my first computer so i didn't know better' In three years when i had problems they didn't do anything for me' I fixed my computer just by learning on my own and for the past year here on testmy.net picking up great tips and tricks!  Testmy has done more ion one year than the GeekSquad did for me in 3 years...... price for testmy? $0.00 The knowledge i acquired ? Priceless

Nice, I need to use this quote for an ad campaign :-P -- hehe