fitting DVD movie into a 4.7 dvd -R

hid

hey :D

how do i fit a 4.30GB of movie into 4.7 GB Disk.

if i have to shrink the size of disk, does that mean i will lose quality or will the movie remain same quailty.

whats the best software to use to do this AND whats the largest size of data that u can actually shrink to fit onto a 4.7GB dvd.

also is it it possible to play PC Games that are on DVD media. and can i transfer CD games onto DVD and play them off that.

LAST THING - if i have a movie that is 8GB and i don't want to shrink it, how can i half the movie and set it onto another disk so that it becomes DISK 1 AND 2.

thanks ;)

? how do i fit a 4.30GB of movie into 4.7 GB Disk.

A Depends on the type of DVD you are trying to back up.

If its a home video all you need is Nero or similar software with a DVD Burner and make an exact duplicate of it...

? if i have to shrink the size of disk, does that mean i will lose quality or will the movie remain same quailty.

A If you shrink the movie it depends on the length of the movie

? whats the best software to use to do this AND whats the largest size of data that u can actually shrink to fit onto a 4.7GB dvd.

A If its a Hollywood Protected DVD you willl need to buy clonedvd2 and anydvd or similar product... clonedvd2 will shrink and burn the movie for you while anydvd will decrypt the protected DVD (which by the way its illegal but thats your choice)

But you can actually fit a dual layer movie of about 7 to 8GB's into a 4.7 GB Disc and you will lose some quality as you will need to compress about 50% of the movie to make it fit... Now there's a choice if you buy Dual Layer blank media DVD-9 Which actually is about 8.4GB's there would be no compression and the dics could be copied without any loss of quality. The same goes for an exact copy of a 4.7GB movie to a 4.7GB blank disc' There will be no loss of quality.

also is it it possible to play PC Games that are on DVD media. and can i transfer CD games onto DVD and play them off that.

A I don't know about this one.....

LAST THING - if i have a movie that is 8GB and i don't want to shrink it, how can i half the movie and set it onto another disk so that it becomes DISK 1 AND 2.

AAs i said above buy dual layer blaank discs aslong as you have a Dual Layer burner' Otherwise you are out of luck and you will have to buy software that is capable of burning and splitting your movie into two...

hey :D

how do i fit a 4.30GB of movie into 4.7 GB Disk.

if i have to shrink the size of disk, does that mean i will lose quality or will the movie remain same quailty.

whats the best software to use to do this AND whats the largest size of data that u can actually shrink to fit onto a 4.7GB dvd.

thanks ;)

I dont know if this is what you are looking for.but i use DVD shrink and DVD decrypter..

AAs i said above buy dual layer blaank discs aslong as you have a Dual Layer burner' Otherwise you are out of luck and you will have to buy software that is capable of burning and splitting your movie into two...

NOW WHAT SOFTWARE WILL DO THAT THEN.

ALSO, i am not trying to copy a dvd but i have movies stored on my computer which i want to place onto disks.

one of the movie is about 4.30GB and i want to place that straight onto a disk of 4.7GB.

thanks for ur help.

I dont know if this is what you are looking for.but i use DVD shrink and DVD decrypter..

I tried those two before but not as great as clonedvd2 and anydvd as any dvd is always updated and simply is the best decrypter ion the market today'

NOW WHAT SOFTWARE WILL DO THAT THEN.

ALSO, i am not trying to copy a dvd but i have movies stored on my computer which i want to place onto disks.

one of the movie is about 4.30GB and i want to place that straight onto a disk of 4.7GB.

thanks for ur help.

You can burn it with Nero. But you have to go through a few processes and finally encoding the file to burn it into a dvd...Nero will do that for you after you edit the video.    what format is your video?  avi, mpg, mpeg ?

the 4.30GB one is -  well it says at end of it .BUP.bc and VOB.bc and IFO.bc over a range of files but its just one movie.

my other video - their mostly avi and xvid. some are mpg.

You should have no problem burning by using Nero... Honestly i have not tried any other software to burn,  i been using Nero for about a year' There are more choices out in the market but i recommend Nero....  I Do use Vegas 6 and Adobe Premiere for my work and Nero for making less complicated movies such as home videos or movie files....

It will do it for you but its best if you choose the best fit for your video... when i make DVD's im working with a 35GB Video file and it has to be encoded and compressed to a 4.7GB DVD-5  or an  8.4GB Disc (DVD-9 with a 4.7GB disc you will have to take it to these settings

Sample format: Automatic

Audio format: Automatic

Encoding mode: Fast Encoding (1-Pass)

Number of titles: 1

1. VTS_01.0001 (Video Title, 2h 47m 25s, 19 chapters)

Video mode: NTSC

Aspect ratio: 4:3

Quality: Custom (3350 kbps)    ( NOTE: This setting will give you very good quality"

Its coming from a 6.5 GB video file' )

Resolution: 720 x 480 (CCIR-601 D1)

Audio SmartEncoding ratio: 0.0 %

Video SmartEncoding ratio: 0.0 %

Number of menus: 1

- Menu for VTS_01.0001 (5 pages)