• 25-34
    • 35-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • 70-79
    • 80-89
    • 90+
    • less than 13

I would be the first to say." Say no to Drugs" now.One of the girls I ran around with way back then ODed at 16.I started later than a lot of my friends.I was 17.Way to young if there was a right age to start.I didn't quit as soon as I should have either.But there aren't any time machines or I would go back & never start.I fortunatly don't have any health problems from it that I know of.As far as I know most of my group of friends are still alive .Most left town & I only hear from them once in awhile.I like Amarillo so I stayed here.The only one that is still here was & probably still is an alcholic.He tripped while drunk & broke his neck & is now in a wheel chair.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey cholla:  I beat you in quitting drugs. Mine was nicotine.  In '82 a Neurosurgeon at Tulane in New Orleans told me if I didn't quit cigarettes that real, real soon I was gonna be dead or worse; be a veggie in a bed drooling with no chance of recovery.  Guess what !!! I believed him and quit that day in Feb. 1982 after 25 years of smoking.

Cold Turkey!!!  TIA's are not funny !!!  TIA's are mini-strokes - not funny at all. Proud for you for quitting!!!

EWO ; I have to congratulate anyone that beats tobacco.I understand nicotine is hard to quit.The herb is also hard for some people to quit it was for me.I tried to just taper off several times but only cold turkey worked for it as well.

One effect I remember is a lot of strange very vivid dreams.I guess the neurons were beginning to fire again.they say herb effects the synapsis( not sure I spelled that correct).

To those that say it isn't addictive .I say if it's not addictive to you great it was to me.I guess like alcohol to an alcoholic.

Guest thecableguy

Here is my age.....

1) My first home computer kit was a COSMAC Elf II with hand loaded (in hex of course) bootstrap and cassette interface, custom s100 display board that could display 12 lines of 24 characters and bitmapped graphics...oh yea...and an RCA flat panel keyboard.  Later on bought the Tiny Basic Eproms to go with....I was stylin

http://www.decodesystems.com/cosmac/index.html

2) My first office computer was an Imsai 8080 with tarbel b/s running CPM on 2 8" single sided single density floppy drives. (of course I didn't do much with this one)

3) My second office computer was a Cromemco C3 running CROMIX

Now how old am I  :haha: :haha:

Me I am 527,760.48 hours old  , yeah, I live in a alternative time zone

60.24 ;) gotcha ROCO :oops:

BTW i'll be 37 in July not toooooo far behind ya :D

60.25 ;-) -- need to round up ;-) -- haha

Here is my age.....

1) My first home computer kit was a COSMAC Elf II with hand loaded (in hex of course) bootstrap and cassette interface, custom s100 display board that could display 12 lines of 24 characters and bitmapped graphics...oh yea...and an RCA flat panel keyboard.  Later on bought the Tiny Basic Eproms to go with....I was stylin

http://www.decodesystems.com/cosmac/index.html

2) My first office computer was an Imsai 8080 with tarbel b/s running CPM on 2 8" single sided single density floppy drives. (of course I didn't do much with this one)

3) My second office computer was a Cromemco C3 running CROMIX

Now how old am I  :haha: :haha:

40ish?

hey guys , I dont care how old I am (60.24 -60.25 ,dont forget the leap years,

the great news for me, is I am no longer a 60y + JNR. MEMBER :confused1:

now my rank matches my age, FULL MEMBER yes yes yes  :haha: :haha: :haha:

didn't think I would live long enough to make it ;)

Roco  UK

This is for  us OLD TIMERS - altho some of the young-uns could take notice

Virus Alert!!!

This is a dangerous virus being passed electronically, orally and by hand.

This virus is called Worm-Overload-Recreational-Killer (WORK).  If you receive WORK

from any of your colleagues, your boss, or anyone else via any means

DO NOT TOUCH IT!!

This virus will wipe out your private life completely.  If you should come into contact with WORK put your jacket on and take two good friends to the nearest pub.  Purchase the antidote known as Work-Isolator-Neutralizer-Extractor (WINE).  Take the antidote repeatedly until WORK has been completely eliminated from your system.

You should forward this warning to 5 friends.  If you do not have 5 friends, you have already been infected and WORK is controlling your life.

Update: After extensive testing it has been concluded that Best-Equivalent-Extractor-Remedy (BEER) may be substituted for WINE but may require a more generous application

Hi T.G thanks for the encouragement,

seriously, great forum, great people,

just wished I had joined sooner than I did, I signed up a couple of month's back ,

after lurking for a while, I wasn't sure the English humour would fit in,

maybe it doesn't, but what the hell, I am having fun,

and learning a lot in the process, so much so  that I can thank Testmy.net for getting a good job, started a month back as part time handyman, now P/T assistant to the IT manager, yeah still a gofer but, wow it pays much better,   

no more teenage years for me  either , well not for the past 41 actualy,

my how time fly's , enjoy them yo young bucks,

I still am, even as a 60+  old stag  :roll: oh my wish I had known then, what I know now,  :oops:

right enough shug 7272  on that one  ;) 

• 8 months later...