• 70-79
    • 80-89
    • 90+
    • less than 13

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol . . .I am a 58 year old grandmother who has been online for 12 years and using computers for 15 years.  Before that I dabbled with BB sending messages with my telephone.  The first computer I messed with was a Commodore 64.

I know there many people over the age of 50 that are online and do much more than dabble with email or even forums.

I can take computers apart and rebuild them.  I can tweak a puter like a champ. I think the most fun is building a computer and tweaking the core to the limit with no crashes.  I will do this before I even put it in the case.

So just because a few of us are old does not mean we do not know a thing about computers.

Ja'Krinda [nerdly]

lol . . .I am a 58 year old grandmother who has been online for 12 years and using computers for 15 years.  Before that I dabbled with BB sending messages with my telephone.  The first computer I messed with was a Commodore 64.

I know there many people over the age of 50 that are online and do much more than dabble with email or even forums.

I can take computers apart and rebuild them.  I can tweak a puter like a champ. I think the most fun is building a computer and tweaking the core to the limit with no crashes.  I will do this before I even put it in the case.

So just because a few of us are old does not mean we do not know a thing about computers.

Ja'Krinda [nerdly]

Well said.

• 1 month later...

Do you have kids? I did not age fast till one day I looked up and I had a 9 year old daughter who used to fit in my two hands.  :shocked: And its gone fast. the other half she goes on her own. Not looking forward to that part, but they say its needed for grandkids.

LOL boy do I  one 18 year old and 17 year old girls that their mom moved to texas 4 years ago and a 10 year old son that lives with his mom here in town.ya I remember my youngest girl in her diaper playing in the sprinkler one summer day and when my son couldn't even talk and i was showing him trees and grass and telling him what they were called. seems like yesterday. and when i get old enough I will actually think it was yesterday lol