World's Biggest Production Pick-up Truck to Be Unveiled

tommie gorman

Here are some specs.........

"The International CXT is a truck for businesses that want to promote themselves as much as perform," said Rob Swim, director, vehicle center marketing strategy, International Truck and Engine Corporation. "While there is nothing tougher or more extreme on the market than the International CXT, it is as much a statement of success as it is performance. If you brought this truck to the playground, you'd be king of the dirt pile."

In terms of performance, the International CXT features the International® DT 466 diesel engine with a horsepower rating of 220 hp and 540 lb.-ft. of torque capable of hauling or towing pretty much anything you can put into or behind it. Other horsepower ratings are also available. With an electronically controlled turbocharger and four valves per cylinder, the engine delivers responsiveness, acceleration, outstanding fuel efficiency, extended serviceability and long-term durability.

Additionally, despite the tough appearance

Body Type:  8-Foot Dualie Pickup Bed

Dimensions Overall Length:  258

I wonder if you have to have a CDL to drive it.cause thats a big biatch.. :haha:

Here are some specs.........

In terms of performance, the International CXT features the International® DT 466 diesel engine with a horsepower rating of 220 hp and 540 lb.-ft. of torque capable of hauling or towing pretty much anything you can put into or behind it.

GVWR:  25,999 lbs. (Non-Commercial Drivers License applicable)

When I got stopped in Missouri by highway patrol they had to let me go, because in Missouri you are allowed to drive you own truck up to a certain limit with a standard drivers liscense. Don't know if the limit is quite that high though..

By the way Ford's  twin turbo diesel almost has that much power. 500+ torque.  :D

I wonder if you have to have a CDL to drive it.cause thats a big biatch.. :haha:

I know in tennessee if the weight is over 14,000 pds you have to have a dot card to drive it.. and that varies from state to state..but man is that one cool truck..

Ford also does the same thing.

http://dieselpowermag.com/features/ford/0511dp_f650/

Speaking of the engine, the Cat 7.2L inline-six boasts 800 lb-ft of torque at 1,440 rpm, and 300 hp at 2,400 rpm. Ford says a version of this C7 ACERT engine cranks out an extra 60 lb-ft, and rumors are that even higher-output models are in the works. Backing up the powerplant is an Allison MD-3066 six-speed slushbox with double Overdrive.

http://www.f650pickups.com/page0009.html

Ford also does the same thing.

http://dieselpowermag.com/features/ford/0511dp_f650/

Speaking of the engine, the Cat 7.2L inline-six boasts 800 lb-ft of torque at 1,440 rpm, and 300 hp at 2,400 rpm. Ford says a version of this C7 ACERT engine cranks out an extra 60 lb-ft, and rumors are that even higher-output models are in the works. Backing up the powerplant is an Allison MD-3066 six-speed slushbox with double Overdrive.

http://www.f650pickups.com/page0009.html

they even have a truck bigger then that, i know a guy that has a Ford F-950.

the engine is for medium duty apps. it's a 7.6 liter 6 cylinder diesel. 400 lbs-ft of torque at 800 rpm is way impressive. the power it has is over the entire rpm band, not just at a peak at a certain rpm like a car.

it's the dt466 engine, first in the document...

http://www.internationaldelivers.com/assets/pdf/Engine_Specs.pdf?src=1

I just remembered that in Missouri you are governed by tag weight. And I definitely know that you can go 18000 lbs. So if you did not load over 3500 lbs. you would be able to go with a standard drivers license.  ;)

you would have to get the mfr to sell it to you with a set of paperwork giving the gvwr as 17999 instead of the real 25k then. and i don't know wether your local laws apply the gvwr to the truck and possible trailer or if the gvwr is allowed to be higher for trailer combos. depending on that you would also have to issue you papers with a lowered or eliminated towing capacity.

sorry for the doublepost, but it was too late to modify... (since when is there a time limit on editing posts anyhow?)

as for not impressive power plant, consider this.

HP [kW] @ Governed RPM . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 370 [276] @ 2100

Peak HP (kW) @ RPM . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 405 [302] @ 1500-1900

Max. Torque lb. ft. [N

No, you take 18,000 lbs. minus Curb Weight:  14,500 lbs. = 3500 lbs. payload

Gross Vehicle Weight Rating - The GVWR includes the net weight of the vehicle, plus the weight of passengers

of course you would have to consider fuel weight and passengers.

5 passengers of 200 lbs. would decrease by 2000 lbs.

70 gallons of fuel: will run between 7.0 to 7.3 lb/US gallon=511 lbs maxmax

So in reality with full passengers and fuel I could carry 1000 lbs. and still drive with a state drivers liscence.

Yeah, maxed out but legal. Like they said, it is for prestigous looks.

But in my opinion a lot cooler looking than a Hummer, and a lot more unusual.

GVRW is the manufacturers weight rating if you wanted to safely load it. But not necessary for just driving around. And DOT is not likely to stop you if you are empty. I have yet to see a 1 Ton truck stopped by DOT unless it is for mud flaps, unsecure load,  or something.

Yeah, hauling in this type of truck, is hauling weight. Not 0-60. It is in the gears on tractor trailers. That is why there are so many gears. Your 600 HP small chevy would fall apart in a tractor trailer.  :haha: