Forced to purchase direcway...

drquack11223

You can check your amount of download and upload through Wildblue by going to their portal and then "help" tab then check the downlaod amounts - it will show you how much you have downed and upped during the month and how much you have left -  QUICK QUESTION FOR ANY WILDBLUE USER PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!  My TX upload light flashes  blink...blink... blink at a steady pace even when the comp is sgut down and no uploading is going on.  IS THIS NORMAL??!!!    please someone let me know  thanks all

Guest thecableguy

You can check your amount of download and upload through Wildblue by going to their portal and then "help" tab then check the downlaod amounts - it will show you how much you have downed and upped during the month and how much you have left -  QUICK QUESTION FOR ANY WILDBLUE USER PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!  My TX upload light flashes  blink...blink... blink at a steady pace even when the comp is sgut down and no uploading is going on.  IS THIS NORMAL??!!!    please someone let me know  thanks all

Yes...the satmodem is always communicating with their network....whether your pc is on or off

Direcway had that too, but I have not looked for it since it became Hughes.net.  ;)

Cool, well i've tinkered with a few ideas here. A friend of mine uses one of those verizon cards that go into your computer that use verizon's cell towers to access the internet. He says i can get up to 1 mb dl and a few hundred kb upload with that bad boy.

I figure it would be better because the signal does not travel that far. Any idea on what yoiu guys think? Im gonan go research...

anything that is terrestrial is better than bouncing your packets off the moon with d-way or wildblue. you might be able to get a card for the cellular hookup with a connector for an external antenna. that way you can point a directional one at the nearest tower (fixed house installation) and increase the stability of the link.

Just got sat, WildBlue.  Test shows over 400 download, but the latency really kills ya.  For just general surfiing, it doesn't seem much faster than my 26 dialup, but when I go to dl a large file, it's way faster.  I can download close to 30k/sec, better than my 2 or 3k/sec with my dialup.

DT