HD-DVD

dlewis23

anyone.. I still dont really see what is wrong with dvd..

I think just about everyone likes DVD.I have a player for my TV but it was only $60.00

new .It's a Samsung & it expands the wide screen to full screen when I need to. I like it.

I still use a VCR to record TV shows so I can FF through the commercials.So I like a VCR too.

My complaint about the one in the link was at that price I would expect it to record not just play.

i think dvd will do for me for now

maybe in 2 or 3 years will see

just- have you seen a HD-DVD playing yet?

I was in best buy on thursday and say apollo 13 playing on a 60in plasma, and it was like WOW, once you actually see it, your like why am i still watching these crappy dvds.

Thanks Shug7272 I understand now you would need this type of HD DVD player if you have a HD TV & want the best picture.

If you have a regular analog full screen type TV it wouldn't make much difference & it might even be worse.

Absolutely, if you have a reg. tv this is not gonna do you ANY good.

DVD will not hold a feature length film at 1080p resolution that was mastered in HD. So if you have a HD TV it is gonna make a huge difference. Be like going from VHS to DVD.

but is anyone currently filming at 1080p?  I know 1080i you can get onto a dvd...

but is anyone currently filming at 1080p?  I know 1080i you can get onto a dvd...

yes swimmer, most movies are actually recorded at a must higher resolution then 1080p's 1,920x1,080.

i know star wars episode 3 was recorded at twice the res. of 1080p.

Yea and there are actually tvs on the market now that play 1080p. HOWEVER anyone who buys one now is screwing up BIG time due to the fact that HDMI next gen is just now being finished up and will be in tvs this summer. It will make a HUGE difference and add almost no cost.