potential flame war?

i've had this symantec corporate thingummy here for some time, but on further reflection it has dawned on me that using non-legal warez might not be the brightest thing to do if you're gonna log on to the mfr. website for weekly updates.

for my own peace of mind i've decided to either go freeware or buy a license. i can get the complete symantec av/spyware/firewall kit with a years of service for 50 bucks at costco, but atm the thought of buying that still makes me cringe.

...excerpt taken from one of my previous post

Here are a few indicators on how well most Antivirus Programs perform.

Test Results Download. The .xls file (Microsoft Excel Worksheet) shows the best results in order.

Here is another list that displays rankings.

Ranked Results

I'm currently using Kaspersky Personal Version 5.0.18 along with Sygate Personal Firewall Pro 5.5 Build 2710. Both are light on the system and work great.

You FU@#$$ REATARD OF COURSE ITS MAC... GOD WHAT KIND OF HORSE DID YOUR DAD BANG TO MAKE YOU. Oh wait, I mean... bah doesnt really make me any diffrene. :haha: If your looking to start a fight I have two suggestions to help you out. Either find RTB and show him that you can download way faster than him and rub it in, if that doesnt work just move along. :tongue:

heh. good to see there's still intelligent peeps on the web. have you looked into the yahoo mess boards? pun intended. say something, anything, and within 10 posts you have republicans and democrats turning it into lib-bashing or whining about the lost election, respectively. quite sad.

as to mac, it's like with that digicam, webcam combo. they wanted to make em, specially the imac good computers and user friendly at the same time. so there's shortcomings on both ends. :)

i've had this symantec corporate thingummy here for some time, but on further reflection it has dawned on me that using non-legal warez might not be the brightest thing to do if you're gonna log on to the mfr. website for weekly updates.

for my own peace of mind i've decided to either go freeware or buy a license. i can get the complete symantec av/spyware/firewall kit with a years of service for 50 bucks at costco, but atm the thought of buying that still makes me cringe.

:) Ya pay now or ya pay later ......but ya do pay, yep going legal at least 4 your AV sounds like a good idea.............Hmmmmm I wonder if these companys really know people used a key gen to use their product and they let it happen so they can send you a virus or at least track what people do......it is funny that people still go to those site when most anything you get a key for gives you a virus or at least a Trojan.....yep you do have to pay one way or another

i would think that somewhere in all these companies that run AV antispyware and similar regularly updated stuff there is a little comp racking up a list of /subscribers/ and comparing it with the beancounters data on revenue, coming up in the red every single f-ing time. sooner or later, when the company is experiencing financial difficulties and the free advertising of the partially black distribution of their product seems less valuable than the possible influx of funds from all those /subscribers/, this data will be cc'ed to the legal department for liquidation of assets.

look at ms. they make a stink about people actually /selling/ copies of their product and keep up a stiff public opinion campaign against rampant pirating, but in the end, they are happy to have all the kids getting used to all their products. the reason being that once these kids grow up and enter the business world, they will favor what they know (ms) over something cheaper which scares them because it's /different/. (opensource)

and i do try to purchase music/games/warez that i like. but if i download the 23rd cover of a song by some testically constricted baldfaced winkydink of a teeny-group or some such, i will tend to hate it and decide to baleet it and /not/ buy the album despite all the hype. one of the reasons the riaa hates p2p is that the custoer can make up his/her (ooh. PC!) mind about the album /before/ going and spending money on it.

my point is that, uhm, what is my point?

i guess something about not stealing stuff you like, using p2p kind of as a way to get a full working demo then purchasing the product, or some such.  :huh: