Wooden Swingset

j3grizz

Anyone ever put together a prebuilt swingset. Man, this is terrible. I would have built one but after pricing around for the wood and parts it would cost more than just buying a prebuilt one. It is all redwood. Redwood is very high. Anyway if ya have how long did it take you to put it together? I built houses for two years and I probalby could be finished building one before I get finished with the swingset! lol  :haha:

I helped a Friend of mine with some other Friends to put up a log house with precut logs

These use spikes that go about 2 1/2 to 3 logs deep.He was reading the blueprints & got the dining room & living room window mixed up.(They were on the same wall.Fortunately I caught it only 2 rows up the window.He had to buy an extra long drill bit & we had to drill the spikes out.Remove the logs & put them in the right place.

Another thing he was doing he had one of those 6 foot plastic levels.he was supposed to be checking the walls for plumb with it . I caught him pushing it a little to make it plumb.In spite of this the house turned out looking good.

Good luck with the swingset, j3grizz, pain in the butt.

cholla, I used to live by a place that made the prefab log houses up in Washington state.

It was interesting watching them build the house and mark the logs at their lot, then tear them back down to ship.

Good luck with the swingset, j3grizz, pain in the butt.

cholla, I used to live by a place that made the prefab log houses up in Washington state.

It was interesting watching them build the house and mark the logs at their lot, then tear them back down to ship.

I bet that would be pretty cool to watch..

I bet that would be pretty cool to watch..

Yeah, some log cabins would take just a day to fabricate from raw logs.

I would see them putting it up when I drove by in the morning, and in the evening all the pieces would be stacked and ready to ship when I came by again.

Those guys made it look simple, bet they wouldn't have much problem surviving in the woods, lol.

I don't know if the one I helped my friend  build had been preassembled.I & some of our other  friends were just some free labor he rounded up to lift logs & hammer spikes.If it had been preassembled there weren't any nail holes or any sign it had been.I guess it's still standing.It was built around 1980 .He sold it about 1995 .It's out in the country & I haven't went to check .

A lot of hammering on the spikes with a 3 pound sledge about 4 per 10ft log.I think my right arm was about twice the size of my left one when it was finished.

The logs were made cool a D-log flat on the inside for flat walls.The were rabbited with two males on top & tow females on bottom .A strip of insulation went in the middle.Then caulk along the outside of the male rabbit .

After the log walls were up he built the rest himself with a little help occasionally.

Still it was worth the experience to do it for free.btw he did feed his Friends pretty good while we were doing this & plenty of cold drinks.