Road Runner DSL UGHHHH

gavinseabrook

:cry: I just moved back in with my inlaws and I went from my old connection (Road runner cable d/ling @ 535kbps and u/ping @ 49 kbps.) Now i am on Road runners DSL and im d/ling a max of 97kbps and uploading at 15kbps. Im so sad because i have tried cable nut tweaks, messing with router settings ect ect. But to no avail. Can anything be done?! If not imma call road runner and upgrade their package back up to cable and just pay the differencet

:cry: I just moved back in with my inlaws and I went from my old connection (Road runner cable d/ling @ 535kbps and u/ping @ 49 kbps.) Now i am on Road runners DSL and im d/ling a max of 97kbps and uploading at 15kbps. Im so sad because i have tried cable nut tweaks, messing with router settings ect ect. But to no avail. Can anything be done?! If not imma call road runner and upgrade their package back up to cable and just pay the differencet

Roadrunner doesnt offer DSL..only cable..Im guessing that its their intro or "Lite" package that your on right now...which ofcourse you can upgrade to their normal package

Actually here in el paso they did introduce thier "DSL" Package. Which apparently im assuming is their "Lite" version. The reason they got it was cause it was 20 bucks cheaper. But it is hard for me cause i d/l so much stuff and play a but load of online games :D

you might want to call and see if you can get anything faster.

Actually here in el paso they did introduce thier "DSL" Package. Which apparently im assuming is their "Lite" version. The reason they got it was cause it was 20 bucks cheaper. But it is hard for me cause i d/l so much stuff and play a but load of online games :D

Yup thats their Lite package which is cheaper and offers speeds of 768/128...for dling and online games...its not enough lol

I will prolly call em tomorrow since its sunday. But I will see what their default speeds are "Suppose" to be for this package and see what i can do. To tell you the truth I wouldnt mind paying the extra 20 bucks a month

They have 3 plans in most areas...and Im assuming this holds true to where you live

Lite plan 256/128

Basic RR 5000/384 for 45 bucks

Premium 8000/512 for 80ish give or take a few dollars

And in some areas have upgraded their basic to 7000/512 with no price change

Road Runner Premium-$69.95-Up to 8 Mbps downstream x 512 Kbps upstream

Up to 140 times faster than dial-up and 5 times faster than standard DSL

Road Runner-44.95-Up to 5 Mbps downstream x 384 Kbps upstream

Up to 140 times faster than dial-up and 5 times faster than standard DSL

Road Runner Lite-$29.95-Up to 256 Kbps downstream x 128 Kbps upstream

Up to 100 times faster than dial-up and 3 times faster than standard DSL

all packages come with this:

Always on Internet connection

No extra phone line required

5 email accounts

Remote access when you're on the road

Free customer care 24/7/365

Free personal web pages

Free anti-virus, pop-up blockers & anti-spam

Free local news, weather and information from DiscoverIndianapolis.com.

Most locations have recently increased RR lite download speed to 768 Kbps, up from 256 Kbps.  Bit of an improvement anyway.

DjVaGGo makes a point about the 7168 Kbps / 512 Kbps RR basic package.  As far as I know, this is only available in the Tampa Bay area.  They also have 10/1 and 15/2 packages.

Well I called em up. Yeah, no matter what it will always be this slow. Once I get another job I will upgrade the package and pay the difference. Right now im still doing some computer tech jobs. Ya know, side things for people. But im stuck for the time being. But I want to thank you guys for trying to help a brotha out lol. But talk to you all later

|_337 5|O34|< |=( )|2 //| |O33|P5