file problem???????

hid

hey

The problem is, when i try to rename a video/movie file, a message comes up saying ''if you change a file name extention, it may become unusable'' and if i do rename it - the file just turns into a unknown file, which i have to open and find the program to open it.

Please help????????????????

How do i change the name of file using nero (7) so when on chapter screen on nero and that of dvd, it comes up with a different name and not something like mymovie.avi but insted it just comes up with mymovie or my movie etc.

thanks

in windows explorer , go to tools from menu bar. then choose folder options. in the above tabs choose View. in the setting it will be usually be the 10th setting. "Hide extension for known file types". uncheck it. now u can change the name of file along with extension. like if its a movie file : file.avi    . u can change it to boobaa.txt . and it becomes a text file. although if u dont uncheck the option . u wont see the file extension in explorer windows. and if u rename it to boobaa.txt.      it will still be a video file with name "boobaa.txt" . so actually the file will be (along with format) . boobaa.txt.avi

u can mail me.