P A T R I O T I S M

tommie gorman

How many people feel strongly about the USA, and what it stands for?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. How many people feel strongly about the USA, and what it stands for?

• Yes, a tear
    • Not a tear
    • Don't care

http://www.testmy.net/forum/index.php?topic=25586.msg294344#msg294344

Seems to me its easy to say you believe in America and what it stands for but when you are tested on it many fail miserably. I guess what we believe in, freedom, equality, fairness,not torturing, innocent until proven guilty only goes for Americans. We dont believe in it for People, just people born here.  :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

All the flag waving in here looks more and more hypocritical every day when you look at the other threads around here. And yes I know I know the others dont believe in it for us, but they are not the ones preaching to the world about how they need to treat others right.They are not the ones with standing armies in nearly every country around the world. They are not trying to police the world, they just want us to get out of their business. Its funny, before we went around the world and tried to tell everyone how to act, you know before about 1940, we didnt have all these other countries that hated us did we? No we did not. We were loved. Not anymore, of course its not our fault, its everyone elses.

tommie gorman...

that IS alot to shout about...we were there and the world is a better place for it...hail american patriotism...hail america...proud to be an american where at least i know i'm free...and i won't forget them men who died that gave that right to me...

So if you read the link I posted at the top of this post is the world better with us promoting values like that? If they are not from your country you can do with them as you please? Of course I am sure this only goes for us, if others wanted to treat our boys like that it would just be a shocking outrage. Right?  :idiot2:

http://www.testmy.net/forum/index.php?topic=25586.msg294344#msg294344

Seems to me its easy to say you believe in America and what it stands for but when you are tested on it many fail miserably. I guess what we believe in, freedom, equality, fairness,not torturing, innocent until proven guilty only goes for Americans. We dont believe in it for People, just people born here.  :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

All the flag waving in here looks more and more hypocritical every day when you look at the other threads around here. And yes I know I know the others dont believe in it for us, but they are not the ones preaching to the world about how they need to treat others right.They are not the ones with standing armies in nearly every country around the world. They are not trying to police the world, they just want us to get out of their business. Its funny, before we went around the world and tried to tell everyone how to act, you know before about 1940, we didnt have all these other countries that hated us did we? No we did not. We were loved. Not anymore, of course its not our fault, its everyone elses.

So if you read the link I posted at the top of this post is the world better with us promoting values like that? If they are not from your country you can do with them as you please? Of course I am sure this only goes for us, if others wanted to treat our boys like that it would just be a shocking outrage. Right?  :idiot2:

That does not belong in this thread really! Please leave your arguments in there please. Thank you.

That does not belong in this thread really! Please leave your arguments in there please. Thank you.

Politics does not belong on a speed test/tech website either. But you are not told to not post it. So no, I will post as I please. Thank You. You got called out for being a hypocrite. Sorry bud, but I hear people ask all the time why the people living under horrible governments accept it and encourage it. I refuse to do that. Change the title of this thread to what it is. Propaganda, then I will stay out. That is the deal.

REAL Patriotism is about defending the constitution and the honor of America. That is what I will do, and you nor anyone else will stop me. Especially not with such blatant hypocrisy.

Politics does not belong on a speed test/tech website either. But you are not told to not post it. So no, I will post as I please. Thank You. You got called out for being a hypocrite. Sorry bud, but I hear people ask all the time why the people living under horrible governments accept it and encourage it. I refuse to do that. Change the title of this thread to what it is. Propaganda, then I will stay out. That is the deal.

You go baby!

damn miss priss...man did u ever land urself a hot one...??...passion at its best... is there a market there in texas?? 

men are harsh on each other tho...everyone has an opinion...lordy knows i do

I still love me some Tommie. I respect his opinion, he truly loves America and so do I. Its all semantics. If I came off as harsh I honestly apologize. I have been a hypocrite many times and dont consider it a bad thing, its just what we do when we dont pay enough attention. I keep coming back to actually post tech stuff and get drawn into this bs. We need to have a sister site called testmypolitics.net.  :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

hey hey hey..not what i meant...its all opinions..and that's what makes this all great..tommies passio...ur passion...its all exciting and then uadd the dynamics between two men...add some swea...and wow...it's a show...

that's what i was talking about...the dymanics between men is harsh sometimes (to a womans eye)...it's different than between women...full of emotion that is hard for women to understand harsh only to the nekkid eye...but not to the men...it how they communicate...they ya'll slug each other fart and drink beer :smiley:

Dammit, well Tommie made me feel like an ass in PM. He is the only one that seems to be able to that.  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: I get ralled up sometimes but I think even he knows I mean well. Forgive me. I misunderstood the meaning of his reply. Im outta here!!!!  :booty: :booty:  :grin2:

http://www.fallenheroesmemorial.com/links.html

I did not see this posted here and thought of Tommie when I read it. For anyone who wants to support the troops there are many different ways to do it, all listed on this site. There are tons of pictures from the soldiers and a HUGE list of websites that are devoted to American Heros (soldiers). I dont think you could find a better website for obtaining information on our boys, what they have gone through and how to help them.  :grin2: :grin2: :grin2: :grin2:

It has grown, hasn't it.  :shock:  I just post when I find something, and once in a while go back and read, and so many views also. I guess it was bigger than I figured when I first did it just to show the feelings on the subject. I just knew that more people are patriotic than the media and such lead on to believe. Isn't America beautiful?

To help some understand American patriotism is to say we  are proud of our heritage and history. Beyond the few bad things, its a GREAT country yet.

i think patriotism, in the extreme, is just as bad as extremist religious beliefs.  blindly following orders.  i guess it's necessary to think this way in our current situation.  once we kill everyone else that thinks differently, maybe we can get beyond the concept of patriotism, and become one thing.  humankind.

i think patriotism, in the extreme, is just as bad as extremist religious beliefs.  blindly following orders.  i guess it's necessary to think this way in our current situation.  once we kill everyone else that thinks differently, maybe we can get beyond the concept of patriotism, and become one thing.  humankind.

Well stated, thanks :)

I believe in supporting the USA but not blindly following orders.For my part I would have liked to have seen several thousand of our troops refuse to go the Afghanistan & Iraq.The government would have sure had a problem court marshaling & imprisoning all of them.I believe that soldiers should have the right to decide if they are willing to put their life on the line.Sure there would be a few that abused that right but I think most would be there to defend the USA  but not a country we have no business in.

The "become one thing.humankind" Just another way to say One World Government or New World Order.

I think this will happen in time but I sure don't think it will be the Utopia some think it will.