P A T R I O T I S M

tommie gorman

How many people feel strongly about the USA, and what it stands for?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. How many people feel strongly about the USA, and what it stands for?

• Yes, a tear
    • Not a tear
    • Don't care

Ok, since I did not tell it I think in here. I was at the bank the other day, and I looked up and noticed the flag flying there was looking very rough. Now if you know me, you know I do treasure the right to fly old glory. Not  to the point of being nosy usually though. Anyway ........ my bank recently downsized to minimal employees working. Totally got rid of several departments for real. Other than tellers and one person to do new accounts and one manager when she happens to come in. So I asked them who was in charge of the flag changing. I understood as a bank most likely it flies 24/7. But for a few of us ex soldiers and such would they mind pulling the old one down and remounting a nice crisp new one. That it would truly make me if not several others feel a whole lot better when we pull in the bank parking lot. The manager gave me one of those busy sure looks (or so I thought ) but low and behold next Monday I pulled in and just happened to look up. And there she was. All crisp and new. Well I immediately went in and thanked and congratulated them on a job well done.

Well now that I said that.  :oops: And no I do not pat myself on the back. I just felt I needed to do that. If nothing else for the boys serving and to remember all others that came before them. Damn, sure do miss Tstillery being in here. Wonder what happened to him.

Yea, good one man, funny, but we were sitting out front suckin up the 85 degree weather today and noticed ours is fallen to the same, so tomorrow I'll take it to the VFW and they'll know what to do w/ it. ( in between a draught and a cigar lol )  I'll find me another one.

file000.jpg

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

file001.jpg

Why I Carry a Gun

My old grandpa said to me 'Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and

usually it's when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin.'

I don't carry a gun to kill people.

I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

file002.jpg

I  don't carry a gun to scare people.

I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

file003.jpg

I  don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.

I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.

I carry a gun  because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

file004.jpg

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.

I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

file005.jpg

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.

I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.

I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

file006.jpg

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.

I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a  cowboy.

file007.jpg

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.

I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.

I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

file008.jpg

I don't carry a gun because I love it.

I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

file010.jpg

Police Protection is an oxymoron.

Free citizens must protect themselves.

Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

file011.jpg

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'.....author unknown (but obviously brilliant)

file012.jpg

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

------------------------------

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany  established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China  established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

---- ------------- -------------

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

-----------------------------

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

file013.jpg

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are 'citizens'.  Without them, we are 'subjects'.

The purpose of fighting is to win.

There is no possible victory in defense.

The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either.

The final weapon is the brain.

All else is supplemental. 

SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN!

SWITZERLAND'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE.

SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!

IT'S A NO BRAINER!

DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.

I'm a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment!

Won't be long and the house will pass the bill, I feel for serial numbers on ammuniton and also I hear of gunpowder only lasting a year or two?

What bill ?  There's no way to put serial numbers on ammo, there's millions of peices of brass out there that are simply recycled, I suppose they could do that on new ones, but then they would have to start distributing it like mad again, when there crunching down on it now, more then a month ago now,  some jerk off decided that the US military would no longer  ( for the moment ) be selling at auction millions of casings that were called "surplus " to the public for our use. 

And there's no chance of any bill being passed that will allow government "officials" to take our firearms, they can make them very expensive via tax, and allocate the ammo, and tax the livin shit outta ammo, make it much more difficult to obtain a CCW,  but to take them away ? Not a chance, they would have a civil war, and hundreds of thousands would die, probably in the millions before it was over.

Its been talked about for a number of years and they wanted the serial numbers on there before it was purchased. My landlord has a gun and pawn shop and was talking about it to my AT&T technician that came out to fix my line for my internet. It was touch and go last night online for me.  :cry:

Old article, but coming close I feel now.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/2nd_amendment/proposed_law_require_ammo_serial_numbers.htm

NRA-ILA link

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?id=227

Fact check link

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/are_states_going_to_require_serial_numbers.html

Nah, they'd never get that. And it would only work on the casings. Not on the bullet itself.

exactly, I don't care who says what, nor do I care what website says what or how long who's been fillin people's minds with this tripe,

IT WILL NOT HAPPEN WITH OUT A CIVIL WAR !

I'm heavily involved with all of this, I have to be, and believe me, there's been 100 fold persons "legally " if you will obtaining CCW licenses in the last 2-5 years alone.

Besides, the truth be told, the facts are actually the exact opposite, our governments are arming us. Believe it or not, it's the truth. . That, is a FACT. and no, I don't have a link for anyone to try and make themselves feel better because the read it on a website.  :roll:  :haha: :haha:

exactly, I don't care who says what, nor do I care what website says what or how long who's been fillin people's minds with this tripe,

IT WILL NOT HAPPEN WITH OUT A CIVIL WAR !

I'm heavily involved with all of this, I have to be, and believe me, there's been 100 fold persons "legally " if you will obtaining CCW licenses in the last 2-5 years alone.

Besides, the truth be told, the facts are actually the exact opposite, our governments are arming us. Believe it or not, it's the truth. . That, is a FACT. and no, I don't have a link for anyone to try and make themselves feel better because the read it on a website.  :roll:  :haha: :haha:

In ways it appears that way. No link is necessary when we have the most heavily armed civilions per capita. Maybe in ways we are like Rome.

That is a nice hat. I'd love one too.  :police:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

tommie...ur absolutely right...only wish i had thought of it...GD it is... for the week...cuz i believe memorial day should be for more than a day...it should be all year round...

and ur post...man we sure arrogant...the world doesn't really believe that...

i'm headed to my dad's vfw here in a few...to pass around a few hugs and thanks...and down a couple of beers with his friends...it's what we did when he was here...

so to those fallen...thank you for your ultimate sacrifice...and a job well done...and for all you gave...and those still serving and those that served and lived to tell about it...can't say enough thanks...

God Bless America...God Bless the World

:smile2::smiley::smitten:  LOVE YOUR COUNTRY,  MANY HAVE GIVEN THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE TO KEEP US FREE.  I AM A VETERAN AND VERY PROUD TO HAVE SERVED WORLDWIDE,  LIFE ON THE LINE IN VIETNAM,  I GOT INJURED AND I WOULD DO IT ALL AGAIN TO KEEP THIS GREAT COUNTRY FREE IF I WERE CALLED BACK TO DUTY.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS GREAT COUNTRY, :smitten: :smitten: THAT MANY FLOCK TO FOR FREEDOM  THAN GET THE HELL OUT.

:smile2::smiley::smitten: LOVE YOUR COUNTRY,  MANY HAVE GIVEN THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE TO KEEP US FREE.  I AM A VETERAN AND VERY PROUD TO HAVE SERVED WORLDWIDE,  LIFE ON THE LINE IN VIETNAM,  I GOT INJURED AND I WOULD DO IT ALL AGAIN TO KEEP THIS GREAT COUNTRY FREE IF I WERE CALLED BACK TO DUTY.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS GREAT COUNTRY, :smitten: :smitten: THAT MANY FLOCK TO FOR FREEDOM  THAN GET THE HELL OUT.

:brave: :brave: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_salut: :icon_salut:

:smile2::smiley::smitten: LOVE YOUR COUNTRY,  MANY HAVE GIVEN THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE TO KEEP US FREE.  I AM A VETERAN AND VERY PROUD TO HAVE SERVED WORLDWIDE,  LIFE ON THE LINE IN VIETNAM,  I GOT INJURED AND I WOULD DO IT ALL AGAIN TO KEEP THIS GREAT COUNTRY FREE IF I WERE CALLED BACK TO DUTY.

Proud to have you aboard generallee76. I hope you come often. We have fun here. And again thanks for what you and the boys do. We have the very best military worldwide. Always will in my opinion.  :smiley: So are you reitired military?

0kie dokie. Heree are some from my little small town cemetery today. The drives were lined with dedicated flags to soldiers. I never figured there were so many soldiers in such a small town. But then some may be civil war also. Headstones date back to at least as far as 184_. So yeah, pretty cool, and the pics were taken by my 8 and 9 year old girls. Very nice atmosphere in there today. I am often glad they enjoy history as I show it to them. And yes cemetaries are crammed full of history. They love walking between the stones and reading the different dates and the families buried together.