DOOM 3 and other cool games!!!!!

jim2006

I just wanted to create this to see what people thought about DOOM 3. I just got it and as far as I go I was not to impressed really because I have heard so much about it talking about the graphics were so good and all and when I play it there alright better than other games but not alot better. That could be my video card but I can play it on medium havent tried higher but all the other games I play I can set all the way up on high and top every thing and no problems and I only payed $75 for my video card go deal I think. But anyway what do you guys think of the graphics and how high can you set your games up to and how high can you set doom 3? Also is HALO 2 any good are the graphiscs better then DOOM 3 any idea just curious thanks!!!! :D:o:)

The newest game this system runs decently is Halo 1. UT2004 is at 10 fps or less, so I'd say it's obvious that I do not play Doom3. The story and darkness don't interest me, so I'll just stick to the easy to run games like Quake3. I'm hoping that Quake4 will be playable on a system as crappy as mine.

Hey:

I have Doom III,  I agree with you,  it's better but not world moving....  I have a higher end graphics card and it really doesn't add much..  I can run everything up with good frames rates...  So what,  the game just isn't that much better....  it's all to damn dark anyway!!!!

Halo II I have on my xbox on the big screen.  Very clean and nice graphics and flow,  although the game was a little short and anti-climatic,  I didn't even know I was at the end until the credits rolled.  I'm redoing in on legondary settings now.

LD

i can get empire earth to run decently on this machine. dell optiplex gx110 for stats, modded with a 250 gig maxtor.

saw some screenshots and hype for empire earth two the other day. after buying a new keyboard because the drool shortet the old one, i wept bitterly about needing a <much> bigger system to run that. sniffles.

[glow=red,2,300]BUT EMPIRE EARTH IS STILL THE BEST RTS OUT THERE!![[/glow]

other games on personal cool list: need for speed, nhl hockey both EA.

duke nukem3d and shadow warrior were my favorite ego shooters, since at least they make me laugh instead of being so dead serious about racking up a bodycount.

The newest game this system runs decently is Halo 1. UT2004 is at 10 fps or less, so I'd say it's obvious that I do not play Doom3. The story and darkness don't interest me, so I'll just stick to the easy to run games like Quake3. I'm hoping that Quake4 will be playable on a system as crappy as mine.

If you like quake try returen to castle wolfenstien. Same engine fun fun fun game. I play the enemy territory mod my self.

As for those other games I have not had the chance to play them yet. But I also come from the old school of playing decent (1) over the high speed 14k modem for a long time and started moving up from there.

I also have five kids with one on the way so i dont get to spend money on new games so i wait untill they drop in price then the other trick is i dont need a new machine.

well i will stop babling and dont forget to look for SMQP_bigw to frag you acouple of times too.

If you like quake try returen to castle wolfenstien. Same engine fun fun fun game. I play the enemy territory mod my self.

As for those other games I have not had the chance to play them yet. But I also come from the old school of playing decent (1) over the high speed 14k modem for a long time and started moving up from there.

I also have five kids with one on the way so i dont get to spend money on new games so i wait untill they drop in price then the other trick is i dont need a new machine.

well i will stop babling and dont forget to look for SMQP_bigw to frag you acouple of times too.

Ya, tried to get an .iso file of RTCW multiple times, but for some reason that Torrent just won't work. If you would try out quake3, prepare to get your ass kicked :twisted:

:) When the first DOOM came out it was pretty cool but it sometimes hard for them to maintain the edge that they once had. Doom was so popular and hard to get we downloaded on a company computer and spread a virus that crashed several computers....LOL ...it wasn't funny at the time when they were trying to find out how it got on company machines.....  :haha:  :haha:  :tongue:

:oops: Microwave

Ya, tried to get an .iso file of RTCW multiple times, but for some reason that Torrent just won't work. If you would try out quake3, prepare to get your ass kicked :twisted:

I hope you dont think that i started on rtcw i kicked a lott of butt on q3 and unreal first

If you really wanna play a good game go purchase yourself a copy of Half-Life 2. I personally have to say it is undoubtedly the best PC game of all time, and we all know PC games are better than console games  :tongue:. It has the best graphics you can find, the story line makes you want to keep playing jsut to find out what happens, and you won't get bored with it because it already has a lot of mods, and there will be more to come! Of course, to get the whole story line you need to play Half-Life (first one) first. The only down part of this game is you need a beefy system to run it, especially on high settings. My PC can get a decent 40 fps on medium-low settings.

My specs:

-AMD Athlon 2800+

-GeForce 5700 LE 256 MB video

-512 MB DDR SDRAM

-120 GB hard drive

-blah blah blah