MAY 25, 2006 ~ Comet Warning

ROM-DOS

. . .hmmm, did we just shot somethin' at the 'no-threat' comet 73P Schwassmann-Wachmann ~ lol

[now, for sure, parts of it are going to hit us!!]

Well just call old Brucy, I bet he would not mind taking a crack at it.  :laughing7:

Maybe a second sequel.  ;)

I wonder if that just put old Brucy out of another sequel job?  :haha:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann is putting on a sky show!!

Fragments B and C are expected to be visible between 11 and 14 May with binoculars and perhaps even the unaided eye.

To get the best view of the sky always move away from the city

The fragments are now moving across the Cygnus constellation

[the bright triangle of Deneb, Vega and Altair]

Look East and high with binoculars; fragment B has been brightest

. . .still counting down?  Try reading Space rock could make 2036 a killer year

"Mark your calendar for Sunday, April 13, 2036. That's when a 1,000-foot-wide asteroid named Apophis could hit the Earth with enough force to obliterate a small state."

"The odds of a collision are 1-in-6,250. But while that's a long shot at the racetrack, the stakes are too high for astronomers to ignore."

"For now, Apophis represents the most imminent threat from the worst type of natural disaster known, one reason NASA is spending millions to detect the threat from this and other asteroids."

. . .still counting down?  Try reading Space rock could make 2036 a killer year

"Mark your calendar for Sunday, April 13, 2036. That's when a 1,000-foot-wide asteroid named Apophis could hit the Earth with enough force to obliterate a small state."

"The odds of a collision are 1-in-6,250. But while that's a long shot at the racetrack, the stakes are too high for astronomers to ignore."

"For now, Apophis represents the most imminent threat from the worst type of natural disaster known, one reason NASA is spending millions to detect the threat from this and other asteroids."

man ROM-DOS stop scaring me man, yeah i think humans have been lucky to have a couple of million years without an asteroid, but soon enough one will come and wipe out humann existence, i just hope they make that Singularity Computer before we all get killed, lol, btw rom-dos chek ur inbox

Live life as though it could be your last day on earth!!

{it really makes you aware of all the things we take for granted!!}

. . .and I try to pay more attention to what people say and want, especially my family ~ there's the love!

~ pay attention ~ be aware ~ relax ~ enjoy!!

Don't worry S7R1D3R, we still our secret weapon Bruce Willis.  ;)

He's the man on asteroids, and comet's.

This is just another Pres. election ploy by ROM-DOS.  :mrgreen:

uhhh, i feel so dumb i cant believe i forgot about Bruce da duce, no worries here now

Well, I'm getting prepared.  I can't kiss my own butt goodbye ( old arthur ritis ) so I had to find someone to do it for me.  But I lucked out - found someone someone - NO ! it wasn't a long kiss. Ya'll better think about it. Don't want to go unprepared !!!!!!!!

Asster -roids  RULE !!!!!!

Might have to roll some smoke when the time comes.

NASA to Look into NEO Threat Response Proposals

NASA is on the lookout for ways to fend off Earth-threatening Near-Earth Objects. The space agency has issued a call for papers May 15 that, among a range of topics, would help sort out possible alternatives to divert an object if found to be on a likely collision course with Earth.

A U.S. Congress go-ahead on the matter is tied to the NASA Authorization Act of 2005 passed by Congress late last year, and subsequently signed by the President.

"The U.S. Congress has declared that the general welfare and security of the United States require that the unique competence of NASA be directed to detecting, tracking, cataloguing, and characterizing near-Earth asteroids and comets in order to provide warning and mitigation of the potential hazard of such near-Earth objects to the Earth," the Act states.

Prepare for impact. Join the watch for killer comets and ominous asteriods.

Video: Killer Comets and Ominous Asteroids!

HOUSTON, May 19 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Eric Julien, former military air traffic controller, twin engine jet pilot and former instructor at astronaut Patrick Baudry's Space Camp -- Discovery Shuttle flight -- Confirms His Prediction of a Giant Tsunami in the Atlantic on Upcoming May 25

. . .looks like Eric Julien has a new web site

http://www.savelivesinmay.com/

and a forum, now