Multipule computers same location test.

Lantom

Sirs:

.S1 killed my other thread so I figured I'd ask my some more question as a new thread. 

1) I have three systems behind a router.  Can your test "see" each system or does it see me as only one system?  That is to say if I tested each system would the results be combined as my location speed or would it show three users on you system?

2) Also,  if it combines them are there settings that can be changed so that they are individual?

3) On a prior post I got a lot of comments about my speed being good for wireless.  Does anyone think it will go up if I hard wire?  I know wireless speeds drop quickly over distance but IF I'm not at the peak of what the network can do does the pure fact that it has some administration/workload going over the wireless really matter to speed?

LD

Sirs:

.S1 killed my other thread so I figured I'd ask my some more question as a new thread. 

1) I have three systems behind a router.  Can your test "see" each system or does it see me as only one system?  That is to say if I tested each system would the results be combined as my location speed or would it show three users on you system?

2) Also,  if it combines them are there settings that can be changed so that they are individual?

3) On a prior post I got a lot of comments about my speed being good for wireless.  Does anyone think it will go up if I hard wire?  I know wireless speeds drop quickly over distance but IF I'm not at the peak of what the network can do does the pure fact that it has some administration/workload going over the wireless really matter to speed?

LD

Im not sure but i think the test separate each pc by a computer id, even tho you have same ISP IP# , CA3LE can give you a better anwer on this one

I dont think you will see any diff in speed if you wire it, modern wireless routers work very well, but like you said distanse has a big role.

VanBuren :)

Its by ip. My old comp, testing and the one im currently on now, come up as the same thing because of the shared IP. So all three comps will have the same "results" in the database, but maybe not the same test scores.

And if this thread goes offroad it will be "killed" too  :roll: So lets try to stay on topic this time.  :tongue: