The Star Spangled Banner in Spanish

cholla

Im puerto rican and white and i have to agree that the star spangled banner should be in english and only english.  Americans  native language is english not spanish.  Like a lot of people said Americans are too scared of being called a racist to do anything about this.  Dont get me wrong i am proud of my puerto rican heritage and also my american heritage but please the star spangled banner does not need to be sung in spanish.  To be honest i dont know anything about puerto rico all i kno is that i am half puerto rican but i wasnt born there

Welcome to the forum dabolikk.  :wave:First off it is illegal immigration.And there is no fear, we just wish they would join by the rules.

Definitions of Xenophobia

fear or dislike of strangers or the unknown, often used to describe nationalistic political beliefs and movements

www.blifaloo.com/info/phobias.php

So you have read the thread about PR ?

http://www.testmy.net/forum/index.php?topic=13773.0

What is your national language anyway?

Where are you not welcome?

I hope not here!

Even if they join by the rules and follow them, they will still be overlooked and seen like an inmigrant who is trying to steal the jobs of US Citizens. In addition to not speak the same language and being from a different culture.

meh, Puertoricans tienen unos COJONES, if it wasnt for the US, PR would be worse than Dominican Republic, and now they pull this load of bull? I was born in Florida, US and I was raised in PR,(why, I dunno) and I dont see how this place would survive without foreign help, im getting out of this place and I hope it rots.

Just thinking outloud  :roll:

Even if they join by the rules and follow them, they will still be overlooked and seen like an inmigrant who is trying to steal the jobs of US Citizens. In addition to not speak the same language and being from a different culture.

Much the way my imigrant forefathers had to deal with. I am of irish decent. We were not necesarily liked that well either.

http://www.kinsella.org/history/histira.htm

http://www2.ops.org/NORTH/curriculum/socstudies/EthnicB2/past/Irish.htm

The living conditions, in which these newcomers landed, were dismal at best. Though the Irish were well accustomed to living in harsh circumstances, the slums of New York were so revolting that according to one account, a young policeman compared a neighborhood in lower Manhattan to hell. His partner replied, "Hell's a mild climate. This is Hell's Kitchen," and the name stuck.

http://www.ailf.org/ipc/policy_reports_2001_Irish2.asp

Anyway, is it any worse now? Or maybe a little better?  ;)

tommie gorman ;I have a story to tell about the Irish & since I have some Irish in my gene pool I feel at liberty to tell the story.

This was in the time when we still had slavery in the USA.There was a black slave & an Irishman unloadinf freight on a river .This was a swift part of the river & ocassionally a dock worker would fall or get caught by the current & drown.The slave owner saw that the slave was at the lower end of the loading & in greater danger.He said to the boat captain put the Irishman in the dangerous place He can be replaced for a dime a dozen the slave is worth money.Sort of shows the status of an Irishman in that time in the USA.

My friend Alex who just stopped by peeked over my shoulder and just saw me reading this thread and he said "The Star Spangled Banner en Espanol?" (he's Mexican by the way) "They'll have to rename it 'The Star Spangled Beaner'"  -- then he sang "Jose, can joo see....."  :evil6: