My 2 cents

Dark06

Ok now we all know whats been going on here and whats suppose 2 happen tommorow

I just want to say that i belive in human rights

I have personnally seen the strugles these ppl go through and even thought i will not skip school tomorow i will not spend a single penny tommorow to show my support for immigrants

IF YOU BELIEVE IN HUMAN RIGHTS

I AM ASKING ALL OF YOU PLZ PLZ DONT SPEND ANY MONEY TOMMOROW OR IF YOU DO KEEP IT TO A MINUMIM

I believe in human right

i believe in helping Thy Neighbor

This country was/ is based on immigrants no matter where everyone is in an immigrant

personnaly im 3rd genertion hispanic my famally has been here for over 30 yrs but that doesnt make me any more better than the ppl who just arrive here today.

Im american but i also speek spanish i have never spend more than a night outside of the US yet that one night was enught to open my eyes and realized the pain and anguish suffer by those on the other side as they leave in hope for a better living

these ppl are not criminals they are hard working individuals who have dreams and want to accomplish them like everyone else

How would you feel forv exemple if you had an idea for a buissness but everytime you tried to get it all legalized the goverment keep telling you next year you will have the permision you need and the next year the same thing

eventually you would break down and break the law in the persuit of your dream

thats the same thing that has happen to these ppl they have dreams but their dreams keep being put aside by the goverment/or the men

I wish i would have posted this earlier but whats done is done

better late than never

I know some of your oppinions are strong on this but

IF YOU BELIEVE IN HUMAN RIGHTS

PLZ PLZ DONT SPEND ANY MONEY TOMMOROW OR IF YOU DO KEEP IT TO A MINUMIM

Okay here is how i feel,  all at one time we were immigrants right?  we applied to become citizens and now we pay our taxes. 

Im also a 3rd gen hispanic but my grandparents moved from Puerto Rico so i guess they were not really "immigrants".  I DO NOT think it is rite for illegal immigrants to come here and not bother to become citizens.  they should go through the same process as all the other immigrants in the past generations. 

This reminds me of that silly idea of not buying gas for one day  :haha:.

Yeah but that has never been about saving your home your family

Many homes will b broken and tons of families will be split up if the bill takes effect

It has never been about that

plus this time we have tons of supporters a half a million in dallas ,another million or so in NY

25,000 here in austin

60,000 in phonix and a shit load more all over the place

oh and those numbers where from last time those r sure to go up

Hech i even herd that in a small town in tx (brownsville,tx)

The mayor had shut doen schools and other goverment related jobs

Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

Have we forgotten the country was found and established by immigrants? I guess that sign on lady liberty simply doesn't apply anymore.

Have we forgotten the country was found and established by immigrants? I guess that sign on lady liberty simply doesn't apply anymore.

I had to memorize that poem in 8 th grade

we havent forgotten it, just the sign reads no vacancy now.

I don't have a problem with immigrants, I have a problem with illegal immigrants that don't want to abide by our laws.  I'm even more frustrated about the immigrants and the whole "Spanish language" movement.  Just because you're too lazy to learn English doesn't mean we should change our national language to Spanish.  What a group of Americans went to live in Mexico and started trying to change the national language to English?  What if a bunch of Russians moved here and tried to convert our language to Russian?

I DO NOT think it is rite for illegal immigrants to come here and not bother to become citizens.  they should go through the same process as all the other immigrants in the past generations. 

My feelings exactly.

Thats assuming that they are immagrants that come here legally. Not someone crossing the border at 2 am while breaking about 6 different laws.

Thats assuming that they are immagrants that come here legally. Not someone crossing the border at 2 am while breaking about 6 different laws.

lol..  If you wanna be here you should do it the right way and take the necessary steps. thats the way i see it. Theirs no jobs for americans as is...  mabey this will get people moving about getting their shit straight and/or open more job oppertunities.

Sorry.. my compassion for the common man has gone down the shitter with my life these days

I don't have a problem with immigrants, I have a problem with illegal immigrants that don't want to abide by our laws.  I'm even more frustrated about the immigrants and the whole "Spanish language" movement.  Just because you're too lazy to learn English doesn't mean we should change our national language to Spanish.  What a group of Americans went to live in Mexico and started trying to change the national language to English?  What if a bunch of Russians moved here and tried to convert our language to Russian?

My feelings exactly.

Are u nieve we have tried to convert just about every country to try to teach english as a MAIN LANGUGE instead of their own

It is actually a law that if you are doing buissness in a foreing contry and theres one JUST ONe american who cant understand the native languge everyone no matter how many speak the native languge have to talk in english

Now thats a load of shit

like it says at the bottom as my signature

I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance.  ~Reuben Blades

My feelings exactly.

:occasion14:

Dark06, why the he*l should my 5 & 6 year old have to learn Spanish, when they live in an American English speaking country.

Dark06 why should American's living on the border have to put up with people (that do not belong here legally) trampling through their yard at all hours of the night. Wondering whether or not they will be able to sleep in peace. Or whether someone is going to steal, rape, trash, murder, etc.. their property on passing through.

I bet you would feel different if it was your back yard.

You live at home and have it fairly easy, so this does not bother you personnaly.

All we are saying is that they need to do it legally, and the right way. The American Way. :brave:

And if they or you do not like it, TOUGH!!

I bought what i wanted to today & wish I needed more.We forgot to add to the Statue of Liberty that's only till were full.Now we need a No Vacancy sign.

I bet the Native Americans wish they had a zero immigrant policy wheen Columnbus landed.

Maybe the natives they took the country from would wish the same if they were still around.

The early immigrants fully intended to become Americans & leave their old country behind.The ones now want to bring their old country with them.Even when it was so bad they left.Figure that out.

Yeah, i went to Home Depot(crowded like it was a Saturday, must not have been the only one with that idea) and bought a weeks worth of supplies. And then over to Walmart for a bunch of paint. And then to top it off, I took the help out to lunch at Denny's where the manager was doing duty as a cook. By the way there was a "Now Hiring Sign" in the window.

I guess his 3 imigrants cooks took a vacation. A much longer than expected vacation.  :laughing7: :laughing7:

Acording to the waitress.  ;)

And my helper went and got 4 new tires.  :D

For some reason it did not hit the 6:00 news. Hmmm.

Just my 2 cents.

I went to Home Depot and it looked like any other normal day,  there was even a good amount of hispanics in the store buying supplies like it was any other day but however there were 8000+  hispanics that were protesting down the road from me.  Kind of odd.  They did however make the 6:00 news.  I guess most hispanics are against the bill to strengthen borders but my mom, who is Puerto Rican Belives that immigrants should become citizens like evryone else, legally,  but i guess she would not have had to worry about that any way because Puerto rico is a commenwealth.

Dark06, why the he*l should my 5 & 6 year old have to learn Spanish, when they live in an American English speaking country.

Dark06 why should American's living on the border have to put up with people (that do not belong here legally) trampling through their yard at all hours of the night. Wondering whether or not they will be able to sleep in peace. Or whether someone is going to steal, rape, trash, murder, etc.. their property on passing through.

I bet you would feel different if it was your back yard.

You live at home and have it fairly easy, so this does not bother you personnaly.

All we are saying is that they need to do it legally, and the right way. The American Way. :brave:

And if they or you do not like it, TOUGH!!

:occasion14:  Well Said tommie!

Are u nieve we have tried to convert just about every country to try to teach english as a MAIN LANGUGE instead of their own

It is actually a law that if you are doing buissness in a foreing contry and theres one JUST ONe american who cant understand the native languge everyone no matter how many speak the native languge have to talk in english

I would be against the citizens of these having to learn or speak English or American.I am not aware of how the United States government or the citizens of the USA.Try this conversion.We don't make their laws they do so the blame is on them.

I Would have all of them speak their native language & not cater one bit to Americans visiting their country.This might make Americans stay here & tour here.& I almost for got spend there money here.

I would like to see a list of foreign countries with the can't speak the native language if one American  that can't is present.& the specific law.Does the same hold true for tourists from England?Or is it onlr Americans?

Hold on exp[lain the american way?????

Because lets c us americans have come into tons of countries univited and taken over

the latest exemple of this iraq

Oh but we are not criminals

Nevermind that we have pictures of solders humiliating prisiners making them strip and peeing on them

Never mind that

There are solders out there who have and are rape womanin other countries

Never mind that we unlesh the deadlidt wepon ever created the atomic bomb

never mind that we still have tons of nukes

yet a country such as N korea tries to just built one and points it our way

ALL HELL BREAKS LOSE

I dont c much diffrence

anyway this country is based on immigrants

immigrants made it strong immigrants will make it stronger