Crystal Audio AC97 Onboard Sound

Ok so i recently put XP Pro on my system and now im having problems with my sound.....

Everytime i reboot, it will work for maybe a few hours, and then when i come back....it say's it cant find the audio mixer....which means to me that the drivers dont do their full job.....atleast thats waht i get out of it

If you have any idea where i can get AC97 Drivers for XP Pro that actually work, i'd appreciate it and any other help you can give!!

Thanks!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, the bad boys on board so ah'd s'gest ye mosey on down te de site e yer board manfagser an see if 'e don 'ave wha' yer lookin fer.

WHAT...........THE...........FUCK........IS THAT?

Dood...........just beacuse you are ghetto in life, doesnt mean everyone understands wtf you are talking about!!

:tongue:

yeah, ok. but what's wrong with getto?

anyhow, kiss. (keep it simple, stupid.)

rtfm or open the box or whatever to find out exactly who built your board.

go to their site, google for it if necessary

there they should offer the latest board drivers, bios updates etc. etc. including your sound driver.

download what you need, install it, and crank up the speakers.

Ok so i recently put XP Pro on my system and now im having problems with my sound.....

Everytime i reboot, it will work for maybe a few hours, and then when i come back....it say's it cant find the audio mixer....which means to me that the drivers dont do their full job.....atleast thats waht i get out of it

If you have any idea where i can get AC97 Drivers for XP Pro that actually work, i'd appreciate it and any other help you can give!!

Thanks!!!

:) There is a tech tip on this issue from M$ I'll try and find it but, maybe you can also look..... :)

There are far more programs that show you what's in your computer, such as AIDA32, Sisoft Sandra or Belarc Advisor. Your program looks very similiar to AIDA32, it might not be more different than the name alone.

There are far more programs that show you what's in your computer, such as AIDA32, Sisoft Sandra or Belarc Advisor. Your program looks very similiar to AIDA32, it might not be more different than the name alone.

AIDA32 couldn't keep it up, so Lavalys had to step it up a notch and take over. Their program is basically the same as AIDA32, but better. Sisoft Sandra is a great program also. I've use it before in the past.

I just wanted to offer JustinOhioRR a quick fix.

ok justin. one more time. we all know you have ac'97 sound, many do. but there is slight differences in how exactly each board manufacturer lashes the damn thing into his setup, so you need to find out the manufacturer of your [glow=red,2,300]MAINBOARD[/glow] and its precise model and go to that site and doenload the drivers there.

and this goes for anyone else and all other hardware too. the preferred source for any driver is the manufacturer. only if that fails should one try different drivers at random.

Field Value

Audio Adapter Intel 82801AA I/O Controller Hub - AC'97 Audio Adapter

Thtas what that EVEREST program tells me

(Assuming that you have highlighted "Summary" on the left column under "Computer")

Is the text blue? If so you can click on it and go straight to the site and get the drivers you need.

If not, scroll up to the Motherboard section and observe the motherboard name. If it's listed in blue text, you can click on it and open up the vendor's website which, in turn, will allow you to follow the links to you motherboard's support page.

What is the name of of your MB anyway?