Doomsday Scenarios!

ROM-DOS

There Is Nothing New Under The Sun

(Ecclesiastes 1:9-14 NIV) What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. {10} Is there anything of which one can say, "Look! This is something new"? It was here already, long ago; it was here before our time. {11} There is no remembrance of men of old, and even those who are yet to come will not be remembered by those who follow. {12} I, the Teacher, was king over Israel in Jerusalem. {13} I devoted myself to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under heaven. What a heavy burden God has laid on men! {14} I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Basicly without GOD it all means nothing. IMO If people have not noticed the times have gotten worse by the day, and year it's about time to seek a new way instead of our routine ways. I think it was said by Jesus ( Men must change before kingdoms can.)

Thanks as always. ROM-DOS  :icon_shaking: :icon_shaking: :icon_shaking: :icon_shaking: :icon_shaking: :icon_shaking: :icon_shaking: :icon_shaking: :icon_shaking: :icon_shaking:

Oh tommie, it only gets worse ~ didn't you know that! ~ lol

From Harvard Mag; Fueling Our Future

"On the geologic time scale, sea levels rise and fall in inverse relation to land-based glaciation. The end of the last ice age, for example, 14,000 to 12,000 years ago, was punctuated by a meters-per-decade rise in sea level (totaling nearly 53 feet). Ever since then, the earth

hubris, as usual. try as they may, humans will never be actually be able to kill the earth. sure, they might be able to eradicate themselvs from the ecosystem and make it uninhabitable for lots of other organisms, but, in the end, something else will always live on. (the smart money is on the cockroaches)

I remember a theory that if a gold atom and a lead atom hit eachother at lightspeed, a black hole would be generated that would gobble up the solar system. Yummy.

I think that happened in Indiana somewhere in '72, but it happened so fast we didn't notice the inverse reaction ~ just look around ~ everything is 'really' in reverse!!

[but there's something in our optical makeup that doesn't allow most to see it]

What starts out to be a very interesting "Between The Lines" blog, about the banking system SSL authentication fiascal, turns into great 'rank' on some of the stuff I've been thinkin' about lately!!

This is a must read folks!! ~ hope more of US start waking up!!

Why Americans are technology, political, and educational laggards and how it will doom them

Posted by David Berlind

"Compared to other parts of the world, we're a relatively unsophisticated bunch, us Americans.  And that culture of convenience, laziness, and ignorance is going to doom the US in the long run because of how it will deprive America of its edge in other areas where it was once a beacon to the world.  Democracy is one of those.  Education the other."

"On the political front, we are no longer a nation of people that goes deep on the issues and seeks out the truth.  I'd like to believe there was a time when the majority of Americans were passionate about democracy and politics. . ."

"Just yesterday, our culture of political convenience was probed and picked apart on National Public Radio when Tom Ashbrook interviewed Time Magazine columnist Joe Klein whose book Politics Lost: How American Democracy was Trivialized by People Who Think You're Stupid was published this month.  American democracy is being trivialized because we Americans are letting it happen."