Computer starts up slow

I just had this problem in the last few days. Before, whenever I logged on, the computer would almost instantly load the desktop, Now, whenever I log on, it takes forever. I'm looking at just my background with desktop. It's really strange. It takes like 5-10 minutes for it to come on. Please help me fix this  :icon_pale:

Maybe some software installation or hardware driver, did you try rolling back your puter using XP system restore, did you install some hardware and driver lately? Try to remember what you made just before the problem started.

I am not a huge fan of the msconfig way..  You might want to look into blackviper's service page.. a simple google search should yield some good results..  Also a spyware scan and maybe a defrag is also needed.. One other thing you might want to look into is a registery cleaner.. If you have had your current install of windows for a while the registery becomes a road with about 1 million pot holes from installations and uninstalls...

Do you have ObjectDock?

The problem is most likely a program hanging up when Windows is starting, so try disabling autostarting programs one at a time until you find out which one is getting hung up.