Deleting files from a network

ok lemme see how to put this. on are network me and my brother shared files then my stepdad was put on the network who is VERY computer illiterate and deleted the files in the shared folder. i really want those files back so which computer should i use a file recovery program on?

A) being mine

B) being brother the person with the files origionally on his Hard disk

C) Stpedad's who erased it

Thank you for any help

well.. it depends.. I would first check the recycle bin to see if they are sitting in there.. otherwise I would guess that you would run the recovery on the host computer.. Another reason to set up user accounts with permissions... saves a lot of headaches!

well.. it depends.. I would first check the recycle bin to see if they are sitting in there.. otherwise I would guess that you would run the recovery on the host computer.. Another reason to set up user accounts with permissions... saves a lot of headaches!

swimmer they wont go into the recycle bin unless the files were deleted on the computer that they were actually on, as far as a file recovery goes you have to run it on the computer that the files were actually on.