Dw6000 Tweak for speed

budbem

dw6000 look at this

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 3594 Kbps about 3.6 Mbps (tested with 579 KB)

Download Speed is:: 439 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 64 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 2.33 second(s)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=ON7KGLWMP

I wish it was not a glitch.. sometimes when you hit the download and the page doesn;t turn fats it will stick for a sec and give you a flase speed reading..wish it was for real. sorry all.  But A TRUE tip is remember proxing your lan settings gives you faster downloads but they do keep track of where you have been surfing..... and what use is downloading fast microsoft files???  :shock:

Now THAT would be a lovely sight to see on my screens, yet alas ...around 1,000 is as good as they'll give me.

You are correct in that they DO keep track of your surfing habits, and that's why I bought two accounts;  One at http://proxify.net and another at www.anonymizer.com.  They are not only "anonymizing" services, but when you set the security to "max" and encrypt your page titles, not even your ISP (ie; DirecWay) has any clue where you are surfing to, only how long and that's it!  lol...  I hope it drives them as crazy as they drive me!  :tongue:

Thanks for sharing that speed 'knockout' ....phew!

Cheers!

:)  Now if only more people would close the door on their ISP so  they cant be tracked....its not that I or anyone else has something to hide its none of their business how or where I surf......especially when Im paying 4a service and they are looking over my shoulder ...........Thanks Reverend  :) :)

8) Microwave

I am of a mind that one should use every tools available these days when surfing the web.  90% of websites scan everyone automatically in an effort to find info they can "make money" with by selling to others who will use it against you, or at the very least will take your 'valid' e-mail addy and sell it to the spammers (for one).

I use over 12 "anti" everythings ALL THE TIME (realtime), and my systems are set to scan everything I have twice daily.  Even with all of the high-tech protection I am running, there is always somebody who manages to break through it in an attempt to leave a nasty on my systems, which irks me to no end.

I use everything that DiamondCS uses ...their latest programme, Process Guard is a killer, yet Microsoft's new Antispyware contends with it since they both are "watching out" in realtime ...which is a plus.  SpyWare Guard from JavaCool is priceless, MRU-Blaster, SpyBot and SpyWareBlaster (with Tea-Timer) to prevent all manner of bad things (like browser hijackings), TDS-3 allows me to track anyone who 'gets funny' with me plus it is loaded with features (including "lookup" capabilities that are priceless.  Zone Alarm Pro works fine for me without causing any loss in speed, and I've had great luck with McAfee (their best).  Once a month I visit www.trendmicro.com and let them do a full scan just to be safe, and every once in a while I'll go to PC Pitstop and let them put me through their wringer to make sure I'm running at optimum.  All these things combine make for peace of mind and a secure system.  My very best defence (or defense if you will), is Steganos Security Suite 7.  It erases all tracks and has excellent features that are unrivaled by any other programme trying to imitate it.  I also 'swear by" being anonymous while online, and that's why I have dual accounts (www.proxify.net and www.anonymizer.com).  Using either of them, no matter where you go you are safe.  They can only attack your anonymizer ...you are well out of harm's reach!  Oh, I also am running Trojan Hunter now and it's a hot programme too! 

I take this machine in the 'meanest' of places yet nobody has been able to trash me (lately) since the installation of all this "protection" software.  Before, I was reformatting all the time due to some egghead getting off on trashing my system just because they thought it was "cool."  Now ..if they even try, it's detected and my programmes lead me right to him no matter how well he's tried to hide himself (and then they get a taste of their own medicine).  :evil3:  lol....

"The Rev"