Safe CPU and GPU temperatures

breadboi

Unless the PSU get really hot, it has no effect on CPU/GPU temps. Safe CPU temp would be <60, preferably <50. Most video cards can handle 70+c, but keep it below 65 for longlasting 3d power.

I know this question might be asked a lot, but I was wondering what safe tempertures would be to operate(underload) my P4 2.4GHz at and my x800xl GPU.

Also does the PSU effect the temperatures of CPU or GPU?

It really depends.. If you have a 2.4  Northwood core or a Prescott core...  Prescott turned out, about, 40% more heat per cpu clock cycle than Northwood.. So heat has always been an issue on the P4 Prescotts.. Nothing to be concerned about as long as you have a good thermal compound and heatsink..

As far as internal case temp.. depending on system load the PSU can add a little bit of heat.. but most of the time hot exhaust is sucked from inside the case and then blown out the back..

Back in the day when I was using my AMD Athlon 2000+ Thoroughbred-A I was concerned about heat.. I installed some fans to get the air moving in the case.  If you have a manufacture computer, like dell, then the case was made to meet the heat specs of the processor so cooling should not be that big of a deal.. however, if you are overly concerned then dropping $15 on 2 or 3 fans might not be a bad idea..

I have a custom computer, not a manufactured one by dell, hp, etc. The one I have is a northwood, and the thing is I added a case fan not so long ago, but temperatures seem to be the same. The thing I think it is might be the power suppy because its kinda screwed up