Running 2 programs together

hid

is it advisable to run 2 anti virus programs together - i run AVG with PC Guard?

PC guard offers anti virus, firewall,anti- spyware,pop up blocker and a privacy manager however AVG is better at detecting viruses and so i use both.

i also use the xp firewall with another firewall software? r there any problems or issues 2 this?

first of all the 2 av's may detect each others signatures. if this hasn't happened so far, you're ok. as for running 2 programs that perform the same function at the same time, even if they don't interfere with one another, just costs you resources for no real gain.

you are also wasting money by paying for all those programs updating their definitions.

they can use up heave memory if they do not interfere and cause each other prob. by the way i remember once long back  i used AVG . what a useless prog it was , it would detect a virus but wouldnt fix it . to fix it had to run a full system scan. is it still like that :D ?

use Norton people . tha best

is it advisable to run 2 anti virus programs together - i run AVG with PC Guard?

PC guard offers anti virus, firewall,anti- spyware,pop up blocker and a privacy manager however AVG is better at detecting viruses and so i use both.

i also use the xp firewall with another firewall software? r there any problems or issues 2 this?

Why would you do that.......It wont protect your computer any better.

Ok thanks?

anyway - i want A firewall that is good and its juts a firewall.

i have Zonealarm but that slows down my download speeds when downloading.

any1 know any good programs.

also http://www.adwarereport.com/mt/archives/000223.html claims ewido software is crap?

is this website 4 real.

Just get a Router...that is a hardware firewall and it wont slow down your internet if you get the right one..(stay away from D-Link)

I ran two AV at once a long time back.I had no real problems except slow speed from them hoging resources.I use & like AVG I did have to use it in safe mode one time to get rid of two viruses at the same time. But for the most part it seems to be keeping them out.

I have ran Kaspersky's online scan & it didn't find anything so I guess AVG is doing the job.

I do use Adaware by lavasoft.SpywareBlaster,& Outpost firewall as well.I haven't had a virus in over a year.Adaware does detect the same negligable objects everytime I run it unless I do the second scan right after.But these are just MRU lists & it says no threat.I just remove them anyway & give them a fresh start.