School Speed

Your connection is: 11704 Kbps or 11.7 Mbps

You Downloaded at: 1429 kB/s

You are running: 204 times faster than 56K and can Download 1 megabyte in 0.72 second(s)

Member Ident: Username:BigRooster CompID:12763603550572

Test Time:: 2006/05/04 - 5:21pm

Test Browser and OS info: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Test ID: 8KDB31WUL (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)

Diagnosis ^info^: Awesome! 20% + : 175.71 % faster than the average for host (191.119)

This was tested from a 5983 kB file and took 4.188 seconds to complete

Your connection is: 3179 Kbps or 3.18 Mbps

You Uploaded at: 388 kB/s

You are running: 55 times faster than 56K and can Upload 1 megabyte in 2.64 second(s)

Member Ident: Username:BigRooster CompID:12763603550572

Test Time:: 2006/05/04 - 5:21pm

Test Browser and OS info: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Test ID: DFPRY53Q6 (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)

Diagnosis ^info^: Awesome! 20% + : 299.87 % faster than the average for host (191.119)

This was tested from a 5983 kB file and took 15.42048 seconds to complete

These tests were ran from one of CSUSB's Info Technology labs.  CompSci labs' speeds are, worst case scenario, ~3X faster (both ways) than these (full lab with 50 students).

Hell where I go to school at here in Maryland (CCBC)  they are  over 16,000 students registered and attending classes in just 1 of 3  main campuses  and 2 more extention campuses across Baltimore County.  They are around 6,000 computers on just the one campus I work on because I happen to work in the ITS ( Information Technical Services)  and if I'm on campus at 7 am  and the only person online throughout the campus at 7am,  I could easily spike 20Mbps  downstream  with about 3-5Mbps upstream through  Comcast Dark Fiberoptics.  But with most of the computers are being used at the same time ; I can only get between 300-950Kbps downstream but the upstream  is around  1.3-1.6Mbps. So really  Fiberoptics  helps  especially for colleges    but the lame high schools needs better  connections.

Community College of Baltimore County   speeds  at around 800 ppl online ..

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 7329 Kbps about 7.33 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)

Download Speed is:: 895 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net  (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/05/05 - 6:25am

Bottom Line:: 128X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 1.14 sec

Tested from a 5983 kB file and took 6.688 seconds to complete

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 515.37 % faster than the average for host (181.207)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-6R21PL0U9

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1096 Kbps about 1.1 Mbps (tested with 1496 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 134 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net  (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/05/05 - 6:29am

Bottom Line:: 19X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 7.64 sec

Tested from a 1496 kB file and took 11.17536 seconds to complete

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Diagnosis: 90% + Okay : running at 100 % of your hosts average (181.207)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-QARGV6TWJ

Hell where I go to school at here in Maryland (CCBC)  they are  over 16,000 students registered and attending classes in just 1 of 3  main campuses  and 2 more extention campuses across Baltimore County.  They are around 6,000 computers on just the one campus I work on because I happen to work in the ITS ( Information Technical Services)  and if I'm on campus at 7 am  and the only person online throughout the campus at 7am,  I could easily spike 20Mbps  downstream  with about 3-5Mbps upstream through  Comcast Dark Fiberoptics.  But with most of the computers are being used at the same time ; I can only get between 300-950Kbps downstream but the upstream  is around  1.3-1.6Mbps. So really  Fiberoptics  helps  especially for colleges    but the lame high schools needs better  connections.

My college has around the same number of registered students exept the campus has many labs (I know of 6 in CompSci and 4 in InfoTech) with 50-60 students each.  There are also labs in the Biology building, Library, etc  Havent tested the speeds outside of CompSci and InfoTech because they're both in the same building, which is where I usually spend most of my time.  The wireless isn't as fast (duh), but I think it can get close to 6mbit/1mbit if you have a good signal.   

I totally agree with you, ajb62787, on the high school subject.  They need fiber instead of 1, 2, or 3 T1 lines.  My HS had (I believe) 2 T1 lines for 4000+ students and during brunch and lunch speed was comprable to dial-up.  There were rumors floating around my senior year that the school district was thingking about upgrading to T3.  All I can say is, I hope they did that.

My college has around the same number of registered students exept the campus has many labs (I know of 6 in CompSci and 4 in InfoTech) with 50-60 students each.  There are also labs in the Biology building, Library, etc  Havent tested the speeds outside of CompSci and InfoTech because they're both in the same building, which is where I usually spend most of my time.  The wireless isn't as fast (duh), but I think it can get close to 6mbit/1mbit if you have a good signal.   

I totally agree with you, ajb62787, on the high school subject.  They need fiber instead of 1, 2, or 3 T1 lines.  My HS had (I believe) 2 T1 lines for 4000+ students and during brunch and lunch speed was comprable to dial-up.  There were rumors floating around my senior year that the school district was thingking about upgrading to T3.  All I can say is, I hope they did that.

You think that was bad...my high school is a state school and they use T1 lines that shares with EVERY state high school in Conn....no matter what time it was...my speeds were really slow...it didn't matter anyway every site was block....I think even google was block because of the image search...thank god Im in college now...love the fiber connection there

You thought T1 was good connection    .  my poor ass high school district  only had ISDN connection      and I think still do .    The reason why they never upgraded    was because  thr school board here in Baltimore  was paying    an  fired employee  over $6 million  and  guess  what she did                    SHE  WENT DOWN TO FLORIDA    HOOKED UP  WITH A 25 YEAR OLD GUY  (AND THIS OLD WOMAN IS LIKE 55)      AND HAVE A $4 MILLION HOUSE BY THE WATERFRONT NEAR MIAMI.

You thought T1 was good connection    .  my poor ass high school district  only had ISDN connection      and I think still do .    The reason why they never upgraded    was because  thr school board here in Baltimore  was paying    an  fired employee  over $6 million  and  guess  what she did                    SHE  WENT DOWN TO FLORIDA    HOOKED UP  WITH A 25 YEAR OLD GUY  (AND THIS OLD WOMAN IS LIKE 55)      AND HAVE A $4 MILLION HOUSE BY THE WATERFRONT NEAR MIAMI.

I hope that house is hurricane proof