Defrag Question

brock01

alrighty, let me start off saying i need some advice if it would do me any good to defrag my hds that are just for storage stuff, music and stuff like that, dvds you know the works but would it help anything if its just being used like that

it would make since to me if you only defragged the hds with the working os installed on it but your help/adivce would be appreaicted :) thanks TMN

btw, havent ever defragged the 3hds that are for storage, been a good 2 years maybe

stuff still moves fast, i couldnt see how it would make it any better, thats what i need to know if it would help anything

If you put it in there and leave it alone ( no modifies, deletes, etc. ) Everything ought to be lined up nicely.  All defrag does mostly is put the ducks in a row.  Someone else may feel differently about it tho.

If you put it in there and leave it alone ( no modifies, deletes, etc. ) Everything ought to be lined up nicely.  All defrag does mostly is put the ducks in a row.  Someone else may feel differently about it tho.

things can get out of line buy just installing a simple program, it can get out of line even if you don't do anything, because the HD is constantly moving things around, to correct the 100's errors each second. thats why i defrag each month.

im defraggin as we speak, 3hds left after this one W00t

just wondering what defrag programs you use, or do you use the built in one from xp ?

im doing my laptop right now as well, and im using the xp one, seems to work the best for me.

HDD defragmentation, at leas monthly for all your drives, Windows will only defrag one at a time, try diskkeeper, litttle expensive but well worth it, thats if youre on commercial software, if go windows way, leave it running overnight

Guest jeffwalker9999

1st - diskeeper

2nd - o&o defrag 2000 lite { free ver } [[ attached as a zip file ]]

careful setup in needed - it tries to take over as default defrag and tries to delete ms default defrager application

3rd - http://safety.live.com/site/en-US/default.htm

command.com:::::::::::::::::

c:>DEFRAG [space] Drive Id: [[[ return / enter ]]]  [ /? - extra settings ]

Hi EWO

just think you are right on that one , It is not his main drive, so little or nowt would be gained by defraging it, doubt if his page file is on there either,

warning - Defrag can loose your O/S. WHA ?, yes just gone and done that on my early Sony Vaio notebook just as I had found a buyer ,

so take it apart , bust the case again, :( remove the H/D and reload M.E , F***k all for $30 not a happy bunny me :evil3:

Hey php , thats my all time fav. o/s  your dissing. lol

cut my teeth on that, also got piles  using it

I tell you man never got the blue screen though, yeah one in a million me, LOL

anyone got a clue, defrag, my old Sony Vaio. no all I get is O/S cant be found 

Hey php , thats my all time fav. o/s  your dissing. lol

cut my teeth on that, also got piles  using it

I tell you man never got the blue screen though, yeah one in a million me, LOL

anyone got a clue, defrag, my old Sony Vaio. no all I get is O/S cant be found 

What stirkes me as hillarious (and I mean hella funny) is that 99.9% of the people here will not know what "piles" is.  :evil6:

What stirkes me as hillarious (and I mean hella funny) is that 99.9% of the people here will not know what "piles" is.  :evil6:

I certainly know what they are Shug.  Look at my profession,

Thankfully I didn't have that problem but, a lot of my buddies

did as they didn't stop and relieve the urge.  :haha: :haha: :haha:

I certainly know what they are Shug.  Look at my profession,

Thankfully I didn't have that problem but, a lot of my buddies

did as they didn't stop and relieve the urge.  :haha: :haha: :haha:

:haha: Good stuff and yea if anyone knew it would be you.  Na Roco I dont have em thank goodness but I am a nurse so I look at em alot.  :evil6: