What is the world coming to?

Boy Does Homework, Smokes Pot With Mom By The Associated Press

Sat May 6, 6:17 AM ET

A 13-year-old boy told police his mother required him to do his homework first thing when he got off the school bus, then smoked marijuana with him as a reward.

The mother said she had been smoking marijuana with her son since he was 11, usually as a reward, according to court documents.

The police interview came after officers executed a search warrant at the woman's home last weekend and seized marijuana, an array of drug paraphernalia and $600 in cash that she said belonged to a drug dealer, court documents said.

Amanda Lynn Livelsberger, 30, faces charges of marijuana possession, corruption of minors, endangering the welfare of children and possession with intent to distribute drug paraphernalia, police said.

A telephone listing for Livelsberger couldn't be found and it wasn't clear if she had an attorney.

Thats weird all right, your kids should not know what you have done, unless an example is necesary, and then only if really needed. Till they are grown and gone. Then you can laugh about it. And maybe then they will tell you what you missed.  :mrgreen:

If you tell ahead of time, they will use it against you. They are smarter than we give them credit for.  ;)

all those kids need a good beatin' when they dont wanna do homework - not a reward they do it - .....negative reinforcement is good :) - but not practiced very often since they kid will sue his own mom/dad - how freakin sad !!! - thats why i dont want my kids growing up here lol

all those kids need a good beatin' when they dont wanna do homework - not a reward they do it - .....negative reinforcement is good :) - but not practiced very often since they kid will sue his own mom/dad - how freakin sad !!! - thats why i dont want my kids growing up here lol

I'm with you on part of that, negative reinforcement is defiantly a good thing.

for some reason im missing the modify button on a lot of my posts  :shock:

why are we unable to edit our own posts any more ?

The modify post feature has been given a time limit.  20 mins or so (could somebody clarify that specifically?).  Once the time has expired, you will not be able to edit your post.

disturbed, it is not like that everywhere. In fact any church that i have been to believes that you do not spare the rod and spoil the child. That is my firm policy, and if my child were to try that cr*p on me, I would politely show them the one way door. At least till they reached their senses.

People like you saying that is what makes people believe that it is true.

And if anyone was to ask me in public, why I was spanking MY child, I would simply let them know that it is my religious right to discipline them. And if they had a problem with that, I would ask them if they wanted to be next.

That is also partly why our jails are so full, people don't actually know what proper discipline is.

And before some female comes along, I definately do not mean a beating either. One good swat usually does it.  :nono:

And yes Dr. Phil can kiss my shorts.  :booty:

The modify post feature has been given a time limit.  20 mins or so (could somebody clarify that specifically?).  Once the time has expired, you will not be able to edit your post.

It's 22 minutes if I recall correctly (and I think I do)

That lady is screwed up. Wouldn't you want your kids to make better choices in life than you did? I know I do! Well the apple don't fall far from the tree. That kid will end up the same, or probably worse than his mother ever was. Too bad she never gave him a chance to make life better for himself. Let's hope she gets locked up and Social Services takes the boy to a good foster home.

Thats weird all right, your kids should not know what you have done,

unless an example is necessary, and then only if really needed. Till they are grown and gone. Then you can laugh about it. And maybe then they will tell you what you missed.  :mrgreen:

If you tell ahead of time, they will use it against you. They are smarter than we give them credit for.  ;)

What???? yes I have kids, yes Ive been there! listen man, your kids should not know what you have done?  Tom , I have respected you , and grown personally from some of the comments you have made , what are you saying? Your ashamed of yourself? Afraid your child may not "respect you"? for being honest?  Do you not remember the reality of your childhood? as you grow , mentally somehow you have lost touch of what it feels like to have a youthfull mind, maybe? Remember you reap what you sow!,If you deceive , you will be deceived, weather or not you feel it necessary to do so, it may and will return tenfold before you pass. You don't have to tell on yourself , but in MHO, blood sees truth!  Damn, really none of my business

That lady is screwed up. Wouldn't you want your kids to make better choices in life than you did? I know I do! Well the apple don't fall far from the tree. That kid will end up the same, or probably worse than his mother ever was. Too bad she never gave him a chance to make life better for himself. Let's hope she gets locked up and Social Services takes the boy to a good foster home.

_

netmasta i said that because i am for negative reinforcement, but not the kid that disturbed said. if my kids don't do there homework, I'm not going to smack them around, I'm going to make them do some hard manual work around the house, and show them what they are going to have to do every day if they don't do there homework and do well is school. thats what I'm for.

What???? yes I have kids, yes Ive been there! listen man, your kids should not know what you have done?  Tom , I have respected you , and grown personally from some of the comments you have made , what are you saying? Your ashamed of yourself? Afraid your child may not "respect you"? for being honest?  Do you not remember the reality of your childhood? as you grow , mentally somehow you have lost touch of what it feels like to have a youthfull mind, maybe? Remember you reap what you sow!,If you deceive , you will be deceived, weather or not you feel it necessary to do so, it may and will return tenfold before you pass. You don't have to tell on yourself , but in MHO, blood sees truth! Damn, really none of my business

If my mother had not told me the things my father had done I might not have turned out quite the same. My mother was a gentle woman till we crossed her. She married at 12 and started having children at 13, and had 5 of us by the age of 21. Times were hard, but she insisted we learn. She would work with us on our homework. I am not ashamed of myself or my upbringing at all, rather proud actually. And I remember as a teen ager telling my mother that she had done the same thing. Many times that was my way out. I believe you only tell what you have to. Not lie, but only reveal what you have to to get your story across. If I had to tell everything I have done, there is no telling what they would use against me. Maybe you do not remember saying this, but you did mom or dad. And never getting a straight answer. Just because, maybe cause I said so. Now if it came to having to explain why not to use drugs, or about becoming pregnant, I can easily explain about my friends, not me, and they can not say that I did. Never lying. Only if necessary. You have probably noticed some of my stories are pretty bad. Well like php said, I really don't want them to follow in my footsteps and have to figure them out the same hard  way I had to. Believe me, I had a hard road, and I want their's to be a much better one. I don't expect perfect children, I just love them enough to not tell it all, except to maybe save them from my hard life.

mudmanc4 one of my first rules, I try to stick with, not perfect though,is I never try to tell others what to do, I prefer to tell them what I would do.

I think Tommie is more afraid his kids would follow his examples and get into loads of trouble... lol

Thats weird all right, your kids should not know what you have done, unless an example is necessary,  and then only if really needed. Till they are grown and gone. Then you can laugh about it. And maybe then they will tell you what you missed.  :mrgreen:

For instance, dlewis, I would rather sit down and  show my children how to make their homework more fun, or at least help them with it. Not doing it, but showing them short cuts maybe.  I would prefer this route, so that they are producing instead of doing something else. My step son tried to tell me that he was having trouble with Math, no problem as I got S's or B's if you refer in Math. He stated that this was new Math. Math is Math. After showing him that this was true, he was done and ready to listen. He was having trouble with decimals one time and said this was impossible, I asked him if he could count money, sure no problem. Quarter is one quarter of a dollar etc... In a week on his own he was helping his buddies with theirs. And some times his buddies would come over for some help. To this day he knows very little of my past, not that I would hide it, but he might have to ask. But like I said he is my step son, and has no need for it. My kids enjoy helping me, as I make it fun and a bonding time. I don't want them ever to think it is work to help me. (They might want paid. Kidding) Kids have enough bad peer pressure, without some of their dads bad beginnings.

Everything should be as much fun as possible, and my life was no example of fun. Only in stories as I tell them. The only sad story I do not have as of yet, is a father that left. No children left behind. I hope that never happens, as that is the worst thing that can happen to any child. The mothers seldom tell the truth about the father, and definitely never explain it.

My mother never told us much unless we asked. And then only what was necessary.

netmasta i said that because i am for negative reinforcement, but not the kid that disturbed said. if my kids don't do there homework, I'm not going to smack them around, I'm going to make them do some hard manual work around the house, and show them what they are going to have to do every day if they don't do there homework and do well is school. thats what I'm for.

I think you get the jist, if not post again. But never say that I am ashamed. Regretful is a lot different than ashamed.

I got a story to tell related to the first post.Before I get started I have no idea where these people I knew way back then are today.If they are still alive.The child that this is about would probably be 30 years old now.

I was over at this acquaintance of mine & his daughter about 5 years old was there.We were smoking herb & needed to roll another joint.He called his daughter over & had her roll the joint.Then let her smoke it with us.I had been at his house before & this was the only time I saw him do this.I probably should have done something but my youthful judgment back then was not always the best.& if you had used the term child abuse they would have said what is that?So a different time.

OK, i was at this gal's house one time. A friend brought me there. This gal was serving her totler beer(maybe 2 years old), I thought this very stupid. I was maybe 18. But like cholla, I was young and did not want to start any waves. I still think about that poor child. She said that he enjoyed it, and that he would not cry that way. 2 year old alcoholic. Dumb Bi*ch.  :angry4: