Cleaning PC inside and out

hid

hey all

i just wanted to know what methods you use to clean your computer both from outside and in (if ever)?

my computer is getting preety dusty, especially from inside and i'm thinking of opeing it (4 first time) and giving it a good old clean.

:D

I have used a vacume canister for 5 Years now and had no problems yet. I vac first then I blow the rest out. I hold the fans so they don't run fast. It has been working alright so far with no problems. Using compressed air is the right thing to use But that cost money. I don't see spending money when other things work.

I also have all the attachments tthat are for cleaning the computer that hooks up to the vac canister. That is nice to get in the tight spaces. I also have an air compresser but I think it is to tough on it. But like you said don't get to close.

Word of warning, DON'T do as I did a while back. used a vac. cleaner and nylon paint brush, to clean the M/B :shock:     yeah I heard a click and that was it. one u/s M/B , $40 down the tube , literally

Word of warning, DON'T do as I did a while back. used a vac. cleaner and nylon paint brush, to clean the M/B  :shock:    yeah I heard a click and that was it. one u/s M/B , $40 down the tube , literally

the vac. should only be used to remove the dust from the fans and bottom of the case, when cleaning a mobo always use compressed air. nothing else.

for cleaning the outside of the case and keyboard etc. i find the kirkland baby wipes from costco are perfect. other brands probably do fine too. just use a non-lotion type to avoid a mess. (after seeing the kind of dirt and stuff those things will clean off anything i'm almost afraid to use em as intended  :D). DO NOT CLEAN THE SCREEN WITH THEM OR ANY OTHER SOLVENT LIKE WINDEX ETC. !!!!!!!!!!

usually there will be an anti-glare coating on the screen that gets totally ruined and streaky if attacked with a solvent. soft cloth and a little water at most.

If your compressor has a pressure control valve, you should have no problem using a compressor. You could actually lower the pressure down to 5 psi which I just checked on mine. Totally safe to be used. And free to use.  ;)

You can also probably pick up a nozzle tip for the price of a can of air.