new board addition !? - buy/sell/trade

I'm gonna be serious for a change , I guess this will not effect me much, being I'm in the UK, BUT , want ads style sounds the way to go, as we can all do the auction bit on G-bay,

I think this is a big step for Testmy.net, would be good to buy from buddy's

but it just worries me that TMN, may have some problems if things go wrong,

also I just hope it would not affect the unbiased help that is freely given ,

i.e. you need more ram  ,it's your lucky day, I just happen to have some for sale , type of thing,

sorry to sound pessimistic, but testmy.net is IMHO the best forum going,

just hate to see it hit problems in any way

Roco  uk  

I'm gonna be serious for a change , I guess this will not effect me much, being I'm in the UK, BUT , want ads style sounds the way to go, as we can all do the auction bit on G-bay,

I think this is a big step for Testmy.net, would be good to buy from buddy's

but it just worries me that TMN, may have some problems if things go wrong,

also I just hope it would not affect the unbiased help that is freely given ,

i.e. you need more ram  ,it's your lucky day, I just happen to have some for sale , type of thing,

sorry to sound pessimistic, but testmy.net is IMHO the best forum going,

just hate to see it hit problems in any way

Roco  uk  

I see your point Roco.  I too wonder how things might go bad and affect the quality of the site overall, especially if there is a bum deal, and ppl fued, and then we are somehow responsible for making things right.  I personally have not made up my mind on whether I'm down with this idea or not.

Thanks  FallowEarth

It's just we have something unique in testmy.net, and this could try CA3BLE's

patience just one step to far,

just take a look at my previous Forum " http://www.numion.com/f/index.php"

you'll see what I mean,

hey guy's take a look, it started with good intensions, but kinda lost it's way

this could actually test alot of peoples patience here.

.....is it possible damon ? - i think it would be a good addition

i believe this is why. then again, theoretically, all board additions are possible. it is up to the owner to select those that suit his purpose. practically the adding of all possible boards would be impossible due to hardware constraints. a more prudent course of action would be to add the new board only when a post is made in general discussion that requires moving to that particular board. hence only if a member posts about the feeding of chinchillas would the board on chinchilla farming be created. even with the current growing number of members this should prevent an all too large databse of boards.

The most curtious one I have seen was justinlay's post that his sat setup was avaliable on ebay with a link. Just an opinion.

But link would be ok. Sales on wbay are non confrontational. You never know who you are buying from. And in a way that is good.

You paid me too little.

You sent me a bad ram. No I did not. It worked when I sent it.

I would say that CA3LE has turned down links, in his time.

Personally I did not want to bid on justinlay's equip., just because I was familiar with him, and preferred to stay that way. Friends should seldom deal with friends, if they want to stay that way.

Although I would like to have.  ;)

I've been staying out of this, but here's my take on this... I really don't want TMN to turn into an auction site.  Especially with the potential for bum sellers/buyers/products... etc... and chances are TMN gets the blame and is required to fix it.  If someone doesn't come through on an ebay auction, who do you complain to try to get your money back?  ebay.  I don't think we want to have to deal with this.

Although there could be some positive effects from something like that, I don't think it's worth it.

I've been staying out of this, but here's my take on this... I really don't want TMN to turn into an auction site.  Especially with the potential for bum sellers/buyers/products... etc... and chances are TMN gets the blame and is required to fix it.  If someone doesn't come through on an ebay auction, who do you complain to try to get your money back?  ebay.  I don't think we want to have to deal with this.

Although there could be some positive effects from something like that, I don't think it's worth it.

TMN would be responsable for everything, if a bum seller sold something that was broken, or wasent what it was, ca3le would be 100% responsable.

I dont understand why this is being discussed..