Xp Won't Boot

richcornucopia

I've been trying out Suse Linux for awhile now and overall am pretty fond of it, but theres a problem. I am no longer able to boot into xp  :(. I need to access some files on the windows partition, but I can't get into windows. I get to grub then the suse screen where I have the choices of suse 10, windows 1, and suse 10 failsafe. I choose windows 1 and it gives me the load with last known configuration, safe mode etc. I have tried all of them and like a second after I hit enter the computer restarts, no windows logo or anything. I thought it could be an oc problem so I reset everything back to default. I had a problem before when I couldn't load windows beause it said something was corrupt but that problem fixed itself. I really need to get into xp, any help?

you probally need to remake your master boot record. start the windows install, then after it loads all the drivers at the beginning a screen will come up were it says push "r" to enter recovery console, or something like that. once you are in there select your windows install, then type "fixboot" it will remake your master boot record and that should fix it.

That defeats the purpose cause he still cant get his files

ok heres what i did go out and buy a new 10 gig hard drive or something from somewhere

install xp

set it as master

set normal one to slave and problem solve back whatever u need and wipe it clean

and when instaling 2 os best thing is to buy a new hard drive