Uninstalling Norton Anti Virus

richc46

Well, I am almost at D-Day, I must decide to renew my Norton Anti Virus or go with the free SBC-Yahoo DSL Anti Virus.  I really want to try SBC, but have mixed feelings about uninstalling Norton.

I feel fully confident that I have the knowldege to download apps from the net. I have done it many times.  However, I have read that many people have trouble uninstalling Norton AV. crashes, unable to get back on the net, freezes and the inability to load another AV due to parts of NAV remaining.

Question:  Do the members of this forum feel that I should uninstall NAV if I follow the instructions at the Symantec website, but do not want to have any additional problems after the uninstall is complete?  Are problems after uninstall really common or is it just a case of a few unhappy people making a lot of noise?

I would follow what ever symantec says to do.. NAV is a know pain in the butt to remove!  So make sure you read the instructions before doing anything!  What version do you have of NAV?  I know there is an app that will kill 2003 and lower..

Question:  Do the members of this forum feel that I should uninstall NAV if I follow the instructions at the Symantec website, but do not want to have any additional problems after the uninstall is complete?  Are problems after uninstall really common or is it just a case of a few unhappy people making a lot of noise?

follow the instructions of the website, if you do it correctly you will have no problems, As far as problems after uninstall that is usually caused by people doing the uninstall process wrong. as long as you follow the directions you will be fine.